Equity Action Committee (EAC)
- Leads the Campus in promoting cultural competence (Board Policy 7100) including reviewing, developing, and recommending related programs, services and college policies.
- Serves as the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Advisory Committee to create, update, and monitor the College’s EEO Plan.
- Plans, implements, and assesses training programs and learning activities, in concert with the Faculty Professional Development Committee, the Staff Professional Development Committee and the Management Professional Development Committee related to cultural competence/diversity issues.
- The EAC's yearly renewal each March of the the San Luis Obispo County Community College District Board of Trustees "Commitment to Diversity" .
- Since Fall 2010, through the Efforts of the EAC and the Anti-Defamation League© Cuesta College has been designated as No Place for Hate®.
- Diversity Requirement - In order to quality for a degree from Cuesta College, students must successfully
complete the diversity requirement which will then enable them to:
- identify, assess, and challenge biased assumptions and behaviors of individuals and societal institutions.
- analyze inter-group relations within categories of identity, such as race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, class, ability, nationality, or age.
- examine struggles of non-dominant groups for power, justice, and access to resources.