LVN Application Process
Online applications for the 2018-2019 LVN Program
will be accepted from
January 1, 2018 - January 31, 2018 by 4:00 pm.Prerequisite coursework must be completed by December 31, 2017
LVN Online Application Link
(Activated only during application period)
Application Process Checklist:
All items must be submitted with your application by the deadline listed above.
- Plan ahead! Review the entire LVN Application Instruction Packet before applying.
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor for questions about the application requirements, program prerequisites, and/or course equivalencies.
- Apply for Student Admission to Cuesta College.
- Submit official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta, to
Cuesta College Admissions and Records by January 31, 2018 at 4:00pm.
- NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Prepare the following supporting documents to scan and upload with your online application:
- Copy of your current California Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification card (or verification of state certification)
Prerequisite coursework and CNA Certificate must be completed by December 31, 2017.
LVN Program Prerequisites
|Courses||Semester Credit Minimum||Cuesta equivalent|
|1.||Human Biology||3.0||BIO 212* (3 credits)|
|2.||College Reading and Writing||3.0||ENGL 156* (4 credits)|
|3.||Pre-Algebra||3.0||MATH 007* (3 credits)|
*Higher level courses may be used in lieu of the listed prerequisite courses. For example: BIO 205 (Anatomy) or BIO 206 (Human Physiology), ENG 201A (English Composition), and/or Math at a level higher than Pre-Algebra, such as Algebra, Pre-Calculus and above.
Additional LVN Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of completion of 12th grade education, or equivalent (HS Diploma or GED or AA degree or higher)
- Current California CNA certificate (or verification of state certification)
Contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst: RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (805) 546-3100 ext. 2555.