RN Application Process
Online applications for the RN Program beginning Fall 2018
will be accepted from October 1, 2017 - October 31, 2017 by 4:00pm
Prerequisite coursework must be completed by August 31, 2017 to be eligible to apply
Refer to the RN Application Instruction Packet for other eligibility & admissions requirements
2017 RN Application Links:
2017 RN APPLICATION - ATI TEAS EXAM INFORMATION
(Offered to Cuesta RN program applicants only)
2017 RN APPLICATION WORKSHOPS
(Register if you need help preparing or submitting your application. Dates are: 10/12,
10/18, 10/23, 10/30)
2017 ONLINE RN APPLICATION
(Activated only during application period)
Steps to Apply:
- Plan ahead! Review the entire 2017 RN APPLICATION INSTRUCTION PACKET before you apply. This packet includes important information regarding program eligibility, prerequisite coursework, multi-criteria point allocation, ATI TEAS assessment test dates, submitting transcripts, step-by-step application instructions, final admission requirements, supplemental forms, and critical due dates.
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor for questions about priority registration, prerequisite courses and equivalencies, degree requirements and course planning. NEW students to Cuesta are encouraged to register for a PRE-RN GROUP COUNSELING SESSION.
- Apply for student admission to Cuesta College.
- Submit official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta, to Cuesta College Admissions and Records by October 31, 2017 at 4:00pm. NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted no later than October 16, 2017 (two weeks before the application deadline).
- Prepare the following supplemental documents to upload with your online application (only if applicable to you):
- A copy of your current California health care license or certificate.
- Appeal of Ineligible/Status/Petition to Waive Point Deduction statement.
- WORK OR VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE IN HEALTHCARE FORM. Submit this form together with the
required cover letter when you submit your application (Work/volunteer experience must be
completed between October 1, 2015 - October 31, 2017).
- Required documentation for Life Experiences or Special Circumstances. (Refer to the 2017 RN
Application 2017 RN APPLICATION - MULTIPLE CRITERIA POINTS ALLOCATION sheet).
- VERIFICATION OF PROFICIENCY IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE FORM.
- Complete the ONLINE RN APPLICATION (link activated only during application acceptance period) and click the Submit Application button at the bottom of the form between October 1 - October 31 by 4:00 p.m. Print a copy of your application for your records! All supporting documentation must be submitted with your application by the application deadline.
- After submitting your online application, refer to page 5 of the RN Application Instruction Packet for important and time sensitive notification dates regarding appeals, eligibility, awarded points, and admission status.
If you need help submitting your RN application, please sign up for an 2017 RN APPLICATION WORKSHOP. For technical questions about the RN application, contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst and RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (805) 546-3100, ext. 2555. For any other questions, contact Claudia Ferriday in the Nursing office at: (805) 546-3100, ext. 2391.
RN Program Prerequisites*
(Must be completed by August 31, 2017 to be eligible to apply in October 2017)
|Courses||Semester Credit Minimum||Cuesta equivalent|
|1.||Microbiology, including lab||4.0||BIO 204 (5 credits)|
|2.||Human Anatomy, including lab||4.0||BIO 205 (4 credits)|
|3.||Human Physiology, including lab||4.0||BIO 206 (5 credits)|
|4.||English Composition||3.0||ENGL 201A (4 credits)|