LVN Application Information
Online applications for the LVN Program beginning Fall 2018
will be accepted from
January 1, 2018 - January 31, 2018 by 4:00 pm.Prerequisite coursework and CNA certification must be completed by December 31, 2017
2017 LVN Application Instruction Packet
(Last year's application instructions are provided for general reference only and are subject to change. Instructions for the January 2018 application will be available beginning December 2017) LVN Application Workshops
(Dates and online registration form to be posted soon) Online LVN Application
(Link activated only during the January application period)
Application Process Checklist:
All items must be submitted with your application by the deadline listed above.
- Plan ahead! Review the entire LVN Application Instruction Packet before applying.
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor for questions about the application requirements, program prerequisites, and/or course equivalencies.
- Apply for Student Admission to Cuesta College.
- Submit official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta, to
Cuesta College Admissions and Records by January 31, 2018 at 4:00pm.
- NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Prepare the following supporting documents to scan and upload with your online application:
- Copy of your current California Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification card (or verification of state certification)
Prerequisite coursework and CNA Certificate must be completed by December 31, 2017.
|LVN Program Prerequisites|
|Courses||Semester Credit Minimum||Cuesta equivalent|
|1.||Human Biology||3.0||BIO 212* (3 credits)|
|2.||College Reading and Writing||3.0||ENGL 156* (4 credits)|
|3.||Pre-Algebra||3.0||MATH 007* (3 credits)|
*Higher level courses may be used in lieu of the listed prerequisite courses. For example: BIO 205 (Anatomy) or BIO 206 (Human Physiology), ENG 201A (English Composition), and/or Math at a level higher than Pre-Algebra, such as Algebra, Pre-Calculus and above.
Additional LVN Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of completion of 12th grade education, or equivalent (HS Diploma or GED or AA degree or higher)
- Current California CNA certificate (or verification of state certification)
Contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst: RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (805) 546-3100 ext. 2555.