RN Application Information
Online applications for the
Associate Degree Registered Nursing (RN) Program beginning Fall 2018
will be accepted from
October 1, 2017 - October 31, 2017 by 4:00pm
Prerequisite coursework must be completed by August 31, 2017
(Activated only during application period)
2017 RN Application Information:
RN Program Prerequisites
- Must be completed by August 31, 2017
RN Application Instruction Packet (pdf)
- Read carefully before you apply for complete application, eligibility, and admission information. Includes supplemental forms to submit with your online application
Assessment Testing (ATI TEAS) Information (pdf)
- Free testing at Cuesta College offered to eligible program applicants only
2017 Application Workshops:
RN Application Workshops (Space is limited. Pre-registration is required)
- Provides an overview of the online application process and assistance with preparing and submitting your 2017 RN application (Offered 10/12, 10/18, and 10/23 from 5:30pm- 7:30pm in Room 3414 on the SLO Campus)
RN Appeal Workshop (Space is limited. Pre-registration is required)
- Provides an overview of the process for appealing point deductions or ineligibility due to prerequisite course repeats on the 2017 RN application (Offered 10/16 from 5:30pm- 7:30pm in Room 3414 on the SLO Campus)
2017 Application Checklist:
1. READ the entire RN Application Instruction Packet (pdf) before you apply for detailed application instructions and due dates.
2. APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College.
4. SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta, to Cuesta College Admissions and Records by the application due date. NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted no later than two weeks before the application deadline to allow sufficient time for processing
5. PREPARE the following supplemental documents to upload with your online application (only if applicable to you):
a. A copy of your current California health care license or certificate.
b. A written statement to appeal your ineligible status or waive point deductions for course
c. Work or Volunteer Experience in Healthcare form (pdf) Submit this form together with the
required cover letter when
submitting your application. Experience must be completed between October 1, 2015 -
October 31, 2017.
d. Documentation for Life Experiences or Special Circumstances. (Refer to Multi-Criteria Point
Allocation (pdf) for requirements)
e. Verification of Proficiency in a Foreign Language form (pdf)
6. COMPLETE the 2017 RN Online Application (link at top of this page) and click the Submit Application button at the bottom of the form between October 1 - October 31 by 4:00 p.m. All supporting documentation must be submitted at the same time you submit your application and by the application deadline. Plan ahead to submit early! The link to the online application will be deactivated on October 31st at 4:00pm and no late or in progress applications will be accepted. Be sure to print a copy of your application for your records!
7. REFER to the RN Application Instruction Packet for important and time-sensitive information and notification dates regarding eligibility, appeal decisions, points, and admission status.
If you need help submitting your RN application, sign up for an RN Application Workshop above. For technical questions about the RN application, contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst and RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (805) 546-3100, ext. 2555. For any other questions, contact Claudia Ferriday in the Nursing office at: (805) 546-3100, ext. 2391.