DEGREES, CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
The Cuesta College Welding Technology program has a strong history of preparing students for work in industry. Students are afforded the opportunity to obtain Certificates of Specialization, Certificates of Achievement and/or an Associative Science Degree in welding technology.
The welding curriculum is well rounded with courses ranging from Basic Welding through Certification, as well as courses in Metallurgy, Blueprint Reading and Welding Power.
The shop facility includes twenty multi-process welding stations with current power supply technology. There are a total of six part-time instructors and one full-time instructor. Two instructors are CWI’s. Welder qualifications are offered in structural steel and pipe welding to AWS D1.1, ASME Sec IX and API 1104.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
An Associate Degree, depending on the focus of study, is designed to prepare students for transfer into upper division course work in a bachelor’s degree program, or, to prepare students to enter the workforce in a particular vocational field. To qualify for an Associate’s Degree, a student must:
(1) complete each major-specific course required for the degree with at least a "C" grade or better,
(2) complete all Cuesta College general education, graduation and residency requirements,
(3) achieve an overall grade point average of 2.0 for all courses attempted (major, general education, elective), and
(4) submit an Associate’s Degree Application to Admissions and Records.
A Certificate Program is designed for students who desire specific training to meet an immediate occupational or personal goal, or for promotion or lateral transfer within their existing field of employment. To qualify for a Certificate of Achievement or a Certificate of Specialization, a student must:
1) complete all courses required for the Certificate with an overall grade point average of 2.0,
2) earn at least 12 units in residency at Cuesta and
3) submit a Certificate Application to Admissions and Records.
|Assembly Worker||Structural and Iron Work Welder|
|Auto Body Worker||Tool and Die Maker|
|Machine Tool Operator||Welder|
|Sheet Metal Worker|