Internet Explorer 4
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server. This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Only the Windows versions of Internet Explorer will work with the proxy server. For Macintosh users, we recommend Firefox.
- Use Windows Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher; SP2 recommended.
- Pull down the View menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Under "Automatic configuration", click on Configure.
- Type or paste in the URL (below):
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces
before or after the URL.
- Click on Refresh to update your settings.
- Click OK to close the Automatic Configuration window.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-3 above.
In step 4, delete the URL from the box.
Click on Refresh to update your settings.
Click OK to close the Automatic Configuration window.
Click OK to close the Options window.
© 2017 Cuesta College