Safari in Mac OSX "Leopard" and earlier
print this page
Follow these steps to configure your browser to use the Library Proxy Server. This setup will remain in effect until you cancel it.
- Safari 2.x and 3.x will work with the proxy service under Mac OS 10.4.3 and above. We recommend using the most recent versions. These instructions are based on Mac OS 10.5.5.
- Safari supports logging in with a CalNet ID, but not with a library PIN.
- There are other known problems regarding the use of Safari with the proxy service.
- Pull down the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced icon.
- In the "Proxies:" option, click on Change Settings.
- System Preferences should start up automatically, with the Network window open and Proxies selected. (You may need to log in with your Administrator password to make these changes).
- Under "Configure Proxies:", choose Using a PAC file. (You may need to scroll down the list to see this choice).
- In the PAC File URL text box, enter: http://www.cuesta.edu/departments/documents/training_docs/proxy/fixsso.pac
Be sure to include "http://", and do not insert any empty spaces before or after the URL.
- Make sure the Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV) box is checked.
- Click OK to close the Proxies window.
- Click Apply, then close the Network window.
- Close the Advanced window.
To protect your privacy
When using the proxy server on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
To turn off this setting
Follow steps 1-5 above.
In step 6, remove the URL from the PAC File URL box.
Follow steps 8-10 above (ignore Step 7).
© 2017 Cuesta College