Upcoming Events & Workshops
Career Connections Monthly Calendar
- Career Connections offers monthly workshops with a variety of topics during Fall and Spring semesters. New calendar coming soon!
- Resumés 101: Learn how to write your resumé, including a discussion of the purpose of a resumé, the various sections within a resumé, different resumé styles, and strategies for formatting your resumé.
- Interview Prep: Gain specific tools designed to help you prepare for an interview.
This workshop includes:
- Research Tips
- Knowing your strengths
- Typical interview questions
- Questions to ask the employer
- Steps to take post-interview
- A practice interview session
- Resumé Lab: Drop in and meet with a Career Connections staff member to take your resumé to the
- Use the computers in our center to make changes and walk away with FIVE copies of your resumé on professional resumé paper!
- Navigating the Job Search: Learn basic strategies for finding open jobs, completing applications, resumé do's and don'ts, and how to use social media/networking to your advantage when looking for jobs.
- Jobs for Cuesta Students: Come discover the many jobs available to Cuesta students within San Luis Obispo
County. A great way to find the right "just for now", "need a foot in the door" or
"want a career" job.
- Learn how to navigate the CuestaJobs Link
- Meet the Career Connections staff