Guidelines For A Great Tutoring Session
- Please sign-in. This generates funding to help us keep helping you!
- Bring your resources: textbooks, notes, calculators, pencils, prompts, study guides, etc.
- Bring your assignment: hard copies of papers or prompts. Tutors can help you best when they too are clear on the question or assignment.
- Prepare specific questions. The more prepared you are, the more you will get out of your session.
- Allow sufficient time. Tutors must circulate to ensure all students receive assistance, so they will help a student with one question and then move to the next student. During peak times allow plenty of time to get the amount of assistance needed.
- Respect and uphold the Cuesta College Academic Honesty Policy.
How Academic Honesty Applies to Drop-In Tutoring:
- Tutors will help you with homework and will not complete it for you.
- Tutors will explain how to address or find information and resources to for a particular problem and will not complete take-home exam and quiz questions.
- Tutors will answer specific questions as well as ask questions to model critical thinking to guide you and will not proofread/edit/correct a paper. Be prepared to make notes and corrections.
- Respect and uphold the Cuesta College Student Code of Conduct and contribute to a warm and welcoming academic environment for all students and staff.
- Check the Drop-In Tutoring Schedule below to ensure you access the center when a tutor for your subject is available:SLO
- SLO Business Admin/Accounting
- SLO Computer Science
- SLO Engineering
- SLO Math-A (basic to 123)
- SLO Math-B (127 & up)
- SLO Statistics
- SLO Sciences-Life
- SLO Sciences-Physical
- SLO Humanities
- SLO Writing
- SLO Foreign Language
- NCC Business Admin/Accounting
- NCC Computer Sciences
- NCC Foreign Languages
- NCC Math
- NCC Sciences- Life
- NCC Sciences- Physical
- NCC Humanities
- NCC Writing
Tutoring is supported in part by
the Associated Students of Cuesta College.