May 5: Email from Student Services
Spring 2020 Student Grading Options
Dear Cuesta College Cougars,
The COVID-19 pandemic forced Cuesta College to shift instruction to completely online mid-semester. We recognize this may have caused challenges which inhibit your successful course completion.
You are encouraged to continue to study hard and do your best to successfully complete
the spring 2020 semester and to take advantage of the many academic support services
available. Check out the resources to help you prepare for finals and all support
information by clicking here.
For student support services click here: Student Services
However, if successful completion is unlikely, Cuesta College has adopted the following grading and withdrawal options to assist you. These options take full advantage of guidelines and flexibility from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, including protecting students from negative impacts to their college success.
EXCUSED WITHDRAWALS (EW)
- The deadline for students to drop with a W will be extended to May 15, 2020. Students can drop through MyCuesta and those drops will be converted to an EW. Students can request an EW after this date by submitting a COVID19 grade change form to Enrollment Services.
- Dropping through the MyCuesta portal will automatically trigger a refund of registration fees.
- Any W recorded between March 4, 2020 and May 15, 2020 will automatically be converted to an EW.
- To select EW, login to myCuesta, select registration, add/drop classes.
PASS / NO PASS GRADES (P/NP)
- Students may opt for P/NP grades for any spring 2020 course up until May 15, 2020.
- The standard conversion of letter grades to P/NP is:
- A, B, or C → P
- D or F → NP
- To select P/NP grading in one or more courses, login to myCuesta, go to student tab, select banner self-service folder under web services, select student folder, then the registration folder, and lastly Change to Pass/No Pass Grading.
GRADE CHANGE PETITIONS
- A streamlined process for grade changes will be made available to students through June 12, 2020.
- Fill out the quick form and note COVID-19 as the justification for the grade change.
- On a course-by-course basis, students can request to have A, B, or C grades changed to the a P grade, or D, F, or NP grades changed to EW.
- Petitions will be automatically approved.
- After June 12, 2020, the standard grade change petition process will be reinstated requiring additional information and steps for approval.
CCCCO Executive Order 2020-01 – Provisions for Excused Withdrawal (EW)
CCCCO Executive Order 2020-02 – Provisions for Pass / No Pass Grading (P/NP)
CCCCO Memorandum FS 20-02 – Clarification on Apportionments, Withdrawals & Fee Refunds
CCCCO Memorandum ES 20-10 – Guidance on Grading Policies and Term Extensions