Aug 5: Email from Superintendent / President
Safe Reopening Plan Fall 2020
We are rapidly approaching the start of what will be a unique academic year. While it is not the celebratory complete return to campus that we all long for, Cuesta College is well-poised, and well-prepared to offer a limited number of course sections on campus. Of the 1201 fall class sections, fewer than 100 will include on campus instruction.
The Safe Reopening Plan Fall 2020 has been developed to support the safety and well-being of our campus community. Special thanks is extended to the COVID-19 Planning Team, the Classroom Return Task Force, and the Space Planning Work Group who met regularly throughout the summer and provided the framework, input, and careful review of the plan.
I encourage you to review the plan and bear in mind that it is the baseline for campus operations. In particular, faculty teaching courses on campus are encouraged to implement additional protocols that align with the pedagogy and program requirements, and support safety and well-being in the learning environment. Below are questions that were asked during review and may come forward as you read the Safe Reopening Plan.
- Does the temperature screening kiosk store my information? No, your face and temperature are displayed on the screen, then deleted. No information is stored.
- How do I know if someone did the Daily 3 Step Check? Ask them! The Daily 3 Step Check is designed to support self-monitoring of symptoms of COVID-19.
- Why is my building closed? The heightened cleaning and sanitation protocols make it necessary for most buildings to remain closed. This allows the custodial professionals to focus their efforts on classrooms, restrooms, and service areas designated as open.
- What if something changes? The plan will be updated. The version date is noted on the cover and will be updated each time a change is implemented to maintain alignment with current guidance from SLO County, CADPH, and CDC.
- What if I have a question or find an error? Reach out to a member of the COVID-19 Planning Team or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Planning Team
|Becci Carter||Dr. Roland Finger||Dr. Greg Baxley||Heather Tucker||Jacob Parson|
|Mark Cano||Dr. Maria Escobedo||Brian McAlister||Nicole Johnson||Chief Bryan Millard|
|Chris Green||Keith Stearns||Ritchie Bermudez||Shannon Hill||Todd Frederick|
|Cindy Dilbeck||Dr. Jason Curtis||Dr. Mark Sanchez||Dan Troy||Melissa Richerson|
Jill Stearns, Ph.D.
Highway 1, San Luis Obispo, CA 93403
805.546.3118 | www.cuesta.edu