3-20-2020: Email from the Superintendent President
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Updated Friday, March 20, 2020
Message from the Superintendent / President:
Cuesta College’s top priority is to maintain the well-being and health of our students and employees, while supporting student completion of their educational goals. Your patience is appreciated as we continue to navigate this rapidly evolving situation. We are in constant communication with public health experts and the chancellor’s office to ensure our campus is aligned with their recommendations.
At this time:
- Governor Newsom has Ordered California to Shelter in Place
- Cuesta College campuses are providing essential services 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
- All classes are currently online.
- Computers are available for students in the SLO Library and NCC Campus Center.
- Student support services are available in SLO Building 3100 and NCC Campus Center.
- Tutoring is available online.
- Community Programs in-person classes are suspended until further notice.
- The Children’s Centers are closed March 16 through March 29.
- All events and large gatherings are canceled until further notice.
- Effective March 16, 2020, SLORTA bus service is operating on a Saturday schedule. Route 14 will not run. Route 12 will operate a call stop for Cuesta College. Please see the schedules for each route on their website https://www.slorta.org.
Thank you for the great demonstration of care for each other. In this time of uncertainty, the acts of kindness and compassion are important to all – we are all in this together.
Dr. Jill Stearns, Cuesta College Superintendent / President