21 Day Racial Equity Social Justice Challenge
Join the Challenge
The Fall 2020 challenge started OCTOBER 5, 2020!!! It's not too late to sign up.
- Go to the signup page here: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/3ChzocQ/21day
- To view the Fall 2020 Challenge, please view here: https://libguides.cuesta.edu/21DayChallengeFall2020
About the Challenge
The recent tragic deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and countless others have highlighted the systemic racism that exists towards Black people and other communities of color. As we stand in solidarity with those fighting for justice, we invite you to engage in the 21 Day Racial Equity & Social Justice Challenge as a significant action every individual can take to make a difference. We think the Challenge is one of the most powerful interventions an organization can do to build community and create an inclusive culture. While we modeled this program on those done in other areas, this one is unique to our campus and community, highlighting local issues to help us all better understand how we can take meaningful action.
Have you ever made a successful change in your life? Perhaps you wanted to exercise more, eat less, or change jobs? Think about the time and attention you dedicated to the process. A lot, right? Change is hard. Creating effective social justice habits, particularly those dealing with issues of power, privilege and leadership is like any lifestyle change. Setting our intentions and adjusting what we spend our time doing is essential. It’s all about building new habits. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. The good news is, there’s an abundance of resources just waiting to empower you to be a more effective player in the quest for justice.
The Challenge can lead to transformative results, including:
- Building new, positive habits that can change ourselves, our teams, our organizations and our communitites;
- Taking small actions alongside one another to create momentum and a sense of teamwork;
- Creating a profound, elevating experience to increase the likelihood that participants will take action;
- Participating in meaningful conversations about racism and social justice;
We look forward to you joining us in this commitment towards racial equity and social justice. Systemic change starts with each of us individually, and together we learn and grow.
Please reach out to email@example.com for additional questions.