Equity Events & Programs
Get connected with the groups that support Advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion on our Cuesta Campus, and in the community. Where belonging, compassion, consciousness, and mattering are our community values. We invite you to our spaces, programs, and services intended to build community, create dialogue, improve campus climate, and explore the shared and unique experiences, stories, viewpoint, and heritages of our diverse student, staff, and faculty community.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Professional Learning Sessions
- The Community Educator Toolkit: Strategies for How to Embrace our Students' Backgrounds,
Honor their Individuality, and Guide Them to Success, presenter Dr. Natacha Cesar-Davis
- Engaging and Supporting Students on the Autism Spectrum in Community College, presenter Dr. Edlyn Peña
- The Racialized Experiences of Asian American, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AA&NHPI): Supporting our AA&NHPI Students in Higher Education, presenter Dr. Mike Nguyen
Ongoing Events/Event Recordings:
- Racial Literacy for the 21st Century - Virtual Event RECORDED April 28, 2022
Presenter: Dr. Ruja Benjamin
Dr. Ruja Benjamin will speak on “Racial Literacy for the 21st Century.” In this talk, she “discusses how and why racism persists as a form of vision and division. By putting academic scholarship in conversation with the latest headlines, she offers a wide-ranging toolkit to understand how racism distorts our relationships, communities, and institutions, and what we can do about it.” Her presentation will include information related to the student experience and the challenges faced by community colleges related to technology, data and equity, including teaching and learning online. The presentation also includes a student-focused discussion around opportunities for careers in STEM for racially minoritized students.
- Various Equity & Professional Development Offerings