LVN Application Information
The application period for Fall 2018 admission is closed.
Applications for the Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program are
accepted annually in January for admission in August.
IMPORTANT! Prerequisites for the January 2019 LVN application (for fall 2019 admission)
have CHANGED and will be updated on this page soon. Please call Counseling with any
questions related to your student education plan.
Expected changes to the January 2019 application include: BIO 212L (Human Biology Lab); MATH 127 or 128 (Intermediate Algebra or Applied Algebra); and CNA work experience incentive of 500 hours in the past 3 years (work experience is not mandatory, but will allow the applicant's name to be entered an extra time in the random draw.
2018 LVN Application Information:
- 2018 LVN Application Important Dates
- 2018 LVN Application Instruction Packet (pdf) - SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN FUTURE APPLICATIONS - PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY
LVN Certificate Program Eligibility Requirements:
The following must be completed in order to be eligible to apply to the LVN program
- LVN Program Prerequisites:
- Must be completed with a grade of "C" or better by the due date stated in the current application packet
- Official transcripts of prerequisite coursework:
- Must be submitted to Cuesta's Admissions & Records office by the application due date
- Current California Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification:
- Must be completed by the due date stated in the current application packet and submitted with your online
- Proof of completion of 12th grade education or equivalent (or higher degree)
- Additional requirements exist to earn a Licensed Vocational Nursing Associate in Science
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor or refer to the Application Instruction Packet for more information
LVN Application Checklist:
All items must be completed by the application due dates
- READ the entire current year LVN Application Packet for detailed instructions and due dates.
- APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College.
- CONTACT the Counseling Department for questions about prerequisites, course equivalencies, and/or to find out if you need to submit a Pre-RN/LVN Course Equivalency form (pdf).
- SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and prerecoursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta,
to Cuesta College Admissions and Records by the current year application due date.
- NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted no later than two weeks before the application deadline to allow sufficient time for processing.
- PREPARE the following documents to submit with your online application
- A copy of your current California Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification card (or verification of state certification)
NOTE: Applications in progress cannot be saved so be sure to read the entire application packet and have all of your information and documents on hand before beginning. Once submitted, your application is final and no changes can be made or additional documentation added.
For technical questions about the online LVN application, contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst and RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator at: email@example.com, or call (805) 546-3100, ext. 2555. For any other questions, contact Brita Blue in the North County Nursing office at: (805) 591-6200, ext. 4426.