LVN Application Information
Applications for the Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program
are accepted in January for admission the following fall semester (August).
IMPORTANT! Prerequisites for the January 2019 LVN application have CHANGED.
Please call Counseling with any questions related to your Student Education Plan.
NEW FOR THE JANUARY 2019 LVN APPLICATION:
PREREQUISITE CHANGES: BIO 212L (Human Biology Lab) and MATH 127 OR128 (Intermediate Algebra OR Applied Algebra) have been added. Refer to the LVN Program Prerequiste page for details.
COURSE COMPLETION VS. ASSESSMENT: Applicants to the LVN certificate program, beginning with the January 2019 application must either complete the required English and Math prereq courses (or higher level courses) with a grade of "C" or better; OR place into English 201A and a transfer level math course in order to be eligible to apply to the program.
CNA WORK EXPERIENCE INCENTIVE: CNA work experience is NOT mandatory to be eligible to apply to the LVN program. However, applicants who have worked a minimum of 500 hours in the past 3 years as a CNA and who meet the application requirements will be eligible to have their name entered an extra time in the computerized random draw.
2018 LVN Application Information:
- 2018 LVN Application Important Dates
- 2018 LVN Application Instruction Packet (pdf) NOTE: PREREQUISTES FOR THE 2019 APPLICATION HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE REFER TO THE LVN PROGRAM PREREQUISTES PAGE FOR DETAILS.
LVN Certificate Program Eligibility Requirements:
The following must be completed in order to be eligible to apply to the LVN program
- LVN Program Prerequisites:
- Must be completed with a grade of "C" or better by the due date stated in the current application
- NEW : Assessment into English 201A and/or a transfer level Math course is accepted in place of course completion.
- Official transcripts of prerequisite coursework:
- Must be submitted to Cuesta's Admissions & Records office by the application due date
- Current California Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification:
- Must be completed by the due date stated in the current application and submitted with your online
- Proof of completion of 12th grade education or equivalent (or higher degree)
- Additional requirements exist to earn a Licensed Vocational Nursing Associate in Science
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor or refer to the Application Instruction Packet for more information
LVN Application Checklist:
All items must be completed by the application due dates
- READ the entire current year LVN Application Packet for detailed instructions and due dates.
- APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College.
- CONTACT the Counseling Department for questions about prerequisites, course equivalencies, and/or to find out if you need to submit a Pre-RN/LVN Course Equivalency form (pdf).
- SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and prerecoursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta,
to Cuesta College Admissions and Records by the current year application due date.
- NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted no later than two weeks before the application deadline to allow sufficient time for processing.
- PREPARE the following documents to submit with your online application
- A copy of your current California Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification card (or verification of state certification)
NOTE: Applications in progress cannot be saved so be sure to read the entire application packet and have all of your information and documents on hand before beginning. Once submitted, your application is final and no changes can be made or additional documentation added.
For questions about the LVN program and application instructions, contact Brita Blue in the North County Nursing office at: (805) 591-6200, ext. 4426.