LVN Application Information
UPCOMING EVENT: LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSING (LVN) Infosession
Thursday, March 10, 2022 TIME: 5-6PM Via: ZOOM
LVN APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE to access the 2022 LVN Application Instructions for important dates, eligibility requirements, required form, and step-by-step instructions to apply to the LVN program in January 2022.
LVN Program Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisite Courses
1. Current California Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification - Obtained by December 31, 2021
2. Proof of completion of 12th grade education or equivalent (or higher degree)
3 Prerequisite Coursework - completed by December 31, 2021 with a grade of 'C' or better
- BIO 212 Human Biology* 3.0 credits/units
- BIO 212L Human Biology Lab* 1.0 credit/units
- ENGL 156 College Reading and Writing* 4.0 credits/units OR
- ENG 180 Intro to ENG Comp* 4.0 credits/units
- MATH 127 Intermediate Applied Algebra* 5.0 credits/units OR
- MATH 128 Applied Algebra* 6.0 credits/units
Course completion vs. Assessment: Applicants to the LVN certificate program must either complete the above Math and English prereq courses (or higher level courses) with a grade of 'C' or better; OR place into English 201A and a transfer level math course.
NOTE: Additional requirements exist to earn a Licensed Vocational Nursing Associate in Science degree. Contact a Cuesta College counselor or refer to the Application Instruction Packet for more information.
How to submit Official Transcripts of Prerequisite Coursework
For questions about the LVN program and application instructions, contact Brita Blue at: (805) 592-9426 or email@example.com