LVN Application Information
Online applications for the
Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program beginning Fall 2018
will be accepted from
January 1, 2018 - January 31, 2018 by 4:00 pm.
Prerequisite coursework and CNA certification must be completed by December 31, 2017
2018 LVN Application Information:
- LVN Application Important Dates
- LVN Application Workshops - Pre-Registration is required. Provides students with an overview of the online application process and the opportunity to complete their LVN Application during the workshop. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptop computers if possible. See link for details.
- LVN Application Instruction Packet (pdf) - Read carefully before you apply for complete application, eligibility, and admission information.
2018 LVN Certificate Program Eligibility Requirements:
- LVN Program Prerequisites:
- Must be completed by December 31, 2017 with a grade of "C" or better
- Official transcripts of prerequisite coursework:
- Must be submitted to Cuesta's Admissions & Records office by January 31, 2018 at 4:00pm
(Refer to the Application Instruction Packet, "Submitting Transcripts" page for details)
- Current California Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification:
- Must be completed by December 31, 2017 with a grade of "C" or better and submitted with your online
application (refer to the Application Instruction Packet for instructions).
- Proof of completion of 12th grade education or equivalent (or higher degree)
- Additional requirements exist to earn a Licensed Vocational Nursing Associate in Science
- Contact a Cuesta College counselor or refer to the Application Instruction Packet for more information
2018 LVN Application Checklist:
All items must be completed by the application due dates
- READ the entire LVN Application Instruction Packet (pdf) before you apply for detailed instructions and due dates.
- APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College.
- CONTACT the Counseling Department for questions about prerequisites, course equivalencies, and/or to find out if you need to submit a Pre-RN/LVN Course Equivalency form (pdf).
- SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts, from all high schools, and prerecoursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta,
to Cuesta College Admissions and Records by January 31, 2018 at 4:00pm.
- NOTE: Foreign Transcripts must be officially submitted no later than two weeks before the application deadline to allow sufficient time for processing.
- PREPARE the following documents to submit with your online application
- A copy of your current California Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification card (or verification of state certification)
For technical questions about the online LVN application, contact Adrienne Smith, Evaluations Analyst and RN/LVN Admissions Coordinator at: email@example.com, or call (805) 546-3100, ext. 2555. For any other questions, contact Brita Blue in the North County Nursing office at: (805) 591-6200, ext. 4426.