Steps for Future LVN Applicants
1. ATTEND a Nursing Information Session to receive the most current information and overview of the LVN program.
2. READ the most current LVN Application Instruction Packet (pdf)* in its entirety to learn about program eligibility, prerequisites, the application process, and timeline. *NOTE: The link above is for last year's application and is provided for general reference purposes only. Significant changes to prerequisites have been implemented for the January 2019 application. Look for January 2019 Application Instruction Packet to be posted on the LVN Application Information webpage in November.
3. APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College (if you are a new student to Cuesta or if it has been more than two semesters since you have been enrolled in classes).
4. SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta to Cuesta College Admissions and Records office.
5. CONTACT the Counseling Department to make an appointment to meet with a counselor for questions about program prerequisites, course equivalencies, and schedule planning.
6. VISIT the Student Services webpage to learn about assessment testing, financial aid & scholarships, tutoring resources, veteran's services and other student resources.