RN Program Additional Required Courses
These courses fulfill the general education requirements for an Associate’s Degree in Nursing at Cuesta College and California BRN licensure examination eligibility (NCLEX-RN). They may be taken after your program application is submitted, but must be completed by the due date listed in the current year Application Instruction Packet to remain eligible for program admission.
For courses not completed at Cuesta, contact Counseling to determine course equivalency.
a. Cuesta College Associate Degree General Education Required Courses*:
1. History/Political Science (American Institutions)
3. Intermediate Algebra (or higher)
*Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution may be able to waive the General Education courses listed above. See a counselor to determine if this applies to your situation.
b. RN Licensure (BRN) Required Courses*:
4. Introduction to Sociology/Cultural Anthropology
6. General Psychology
*RN Licensure courses may not be waived for any reason.
- For questions about program eligibility, prerequisites, course evaluations, and academic planning, make an appointment with Danny Lynch, the pre-nursing counselor. You can do so by calling the Counseling department at (805) 546-3138, or online at https://www.cuesta.edu/student/studentservices/counseling/assistance-help/index.html
- For questions about webpage content or general program information, contact Jean
at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 546-3100, ext 2391.