Steps for Future RN Applicants
General RN Application Timeline:
The general timeline for the RN Application is provided below for your planning purposes only.
Dates are subject to change for future applications. Always refer to the current application instruction packet for the most current dates
- June/July: New Application Instruction posted
- August 31: Deadline for Prerequisites
- October 1- 31: Applications accepted online
- November: ATI-TEAS test offered at Cuesta College
- December 1: Deadline for ATI-TEAS scores
- January: Notification of eligibility and total points emailed
- February: Notification of admission emailed
- July 31: Deadline for RN additional required courses
- August: RN program begins with the fall semester
Steps for Future Applicants:
1. ATTEND a Nursing Information Session to receive the most current information and overview of the RN program.
2. UPDATED 7/23/20 : RN Application Instructions
*Please note that any prior application instructions are no longer in effect.
3. APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College (if you are a new student to Cuesta or if it has been more than two semesters since you have been enrolled in classes).
4. SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta to Cuesta College Admissions and Records office.
5. CONTACT the Counseling Department to make an appointment to meet with a counselor for questions about program prerequisites, course equivalencies, priority registration, and schedule planning.
6. VISIT the Student Services webpage to learn about financial aid & scholarships, tutoring resources, veteran's services and other student resources.