Steps for Future RN Applicants
General Application Timeline:
The general timeline for the RN Application is provided below for your planning purposes only.
Dates are subject to change for future applications. Always refer to the current application instruction packet for the most current dates
- June/July: New Application Instruction Packet posted online
- August 31: Deadline for RN Program Prerequisites to be completed
- October 1- 31: Applications accepted online
- November/December: ATI-TEAS pre-assigned test dates at Cuesta College
- December 2: Deadline for October applicants to submit ATI-TEAS scores (if not testing at Cuesta in current application cycle)
- January: Notification of eligibility and point allocation emailed
- February: Notification of admission status emailed
- February: Intent to Enroll form must be returned by the date stated in the Notification of Admission status email (typically
within 2 weeks).
- June 1: Deadline for Associate Degree and BRN additional required courses to be completed
- June: Mandatory program orientation for admitted students
- August: RN program begins
Steps for Future Applicants:
1. ATTEND a Nursing Information Session to receive the most current information and overview of the RN program.
2. READ the entire RN Application Instruction Packet* to learn about program eligibility, prerequisites, multi-criteria point allocation (pdf) point allocation, additional required courses, the application process.
*Applications are accepted once a year in October. The October 2018 instructions are provided at the link above FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY. Look for current application instruction packet to be posted on the RN Application Information webpage in June/July.
3. APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College (if you are a new student to Cuesta or if it has been more than two semesters since you have been enrolled in classes).
4. SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta to Cuesta College Admissions and Records office.
5. CONTACT the Counseling Department to make an appointment to meet with a counselor for questions about program prerequisites, course equivalencies, priority registration, and schedule planning.
6. VISIT the Student Services webpage to learn about assessment testing, financial aid & scholarships, tutoring resources, veteran's services and other student resources.