Steps for Future RN Applicants
General Application Timeline:
The general timeline for the RN Application is provided below for your planning purposes only.
Dates are subject to change for future applications. Always refer to the current application instruction packet for the most current dates
- June/July: New Application Instruction Packet posted online
- August 31: Deadline for RN Program Prerequisites to be completed
- October 1- 31: Applications accepted online
- November/December: ATI-TEAS pre-assigned test dates at Cuesta College
- December: Deadline to submit ATI-TEAS scores (if not testing at Cuesta in the current application cycle)
- January: Notification of eligibility and point allocation emailed
- February: Notification of admission status emailed
- February: Intent to Enroll form must be returned by the date stated in the Notification of Admission status email (typically
within 2 weeks).
- June 1: Deadline for Associate Degree and BRN additional required courses to be completed
- June: Mandatory program orientation for admitted students
- August: RN program begins
Steps for Future Applicants:
1. READ the entire RN Application Instruction Packet* to learn about program eligibility, prerequisites, multi-criteria point allocation (pdf) point allocation, additional required courses, the application process.
*If outside the October application acceptance period, the Application Instruction Packet for the previous application cycle is provided for general reference purposes only. Please note that future application instructions and requirements may change. When applying to the program in October, be sure to follow the instructions that apply to the current application cycle. Refer to the general application timeline below.
*For the upcoming application cycle, look for the current application instruction packet to be posted on this webpage in June/July. These instructions will provide current dates for pre-assigned ATI-TEAS testing at Cuesta college and the deadline to submit ATI-TEAS scores.
2. APPLY for student admission to Cuesta College (if you are a new student to Cuesta or if it has been more than two semesters since you have been enrolled in classes).
3. SUBMIT official, sealed transcripts for all coursework completed at colleges other than Cuesta to Cuesta College Admissions and Records office.
4. ATTEND a Nursing Information Session to receive the most current information and overview of the RN program.
5. CONTACT the Counseling Department to make an appointment to meet with a counselor for questions about program prerequisites, course equivalencies, priority registration, and schedule planning.
6. VISIT the Student Services webpage to learn about assessment testing, financial aid & scholarships, tutoring resources, veteran's services and other student resources.