English and Math
Strengthen your Skills and
Save a Semester!
WHAT IS IT?
- QuickStart is a free, two-week, half-day workshop targeting students who place below transfer-level English and/or math.
- Students completing QuickStart have the opportunity to re-assess and to place into a higher-level math or English course.
- Workshops are scheduled in June and July - Click on QuickStart 2018 flyer for exact dates, details and registration information.
- Workshops are held on both the San Luis Obispo and North County Campuses.
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
- English Sessions (July): https://QuickStartEnglish2018.eventbrite.com
- Math Sessions (July): https://QuickStartMath2018s2.eventbrite.com
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN QUICKSTART?
- Students who have not taken an English or Math class in at least two years and are
at a course-level below 200;
- OR new Cuesta students who place below Engl 201A and/or below Math 128 but have previously passed the material.
- Students who want to skip a semester of work, time and money.
- Students who want to start college coursework at a higher level.
- Students who want to improve their math or English skills and are interested in a free, short refresher course! .
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SKIP A SEMESTER?
- Students who complete QuickStart will take an assessment test on the last day of the workshop.
- If improved, students can assess into the next course sequence and be allowed to register and skip a level.
- QuickStart can save time for courses that do not complete any requirements towards any degrees, such as Math 007 and English 099.
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
For questions or more information, contact Grant Coordinators:
San Luis Obispo Campus: Claire Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-546-3100, x2811 or
North County Campus: Amy Pike, email@example.com, 805-591-6200, x4264