English and Math
Strengthen your Skills and
Save a Semester!
WHAT IS IT?
- QuickStart is a free, two-week workshop targeting students who place below transfer-level English and/or math.
- Students completing QuickStart have the opportunity to re-assess and can place into a higher-level math or English course.
WHEN IS IT?
- Workshops are scheduled in June and July - Click on QuickStart 2018 flyer for exact dates, details and registration information.
- Workshops are held on both the San Luis Obispo and North County Campuses.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN QUICKSTART?
- Students who have not taken an English or Math class in at least two years are at
a course-level below 200; or
- New Cuesta Students who place below Engl 201A and/or below Math 128 but have previously passed the material.
- Students who want to save a semester of work, time and money.
- Students who want to start college coursework at a higher level.
- Students who want to improve their math or English skills.
- Students interested in a free, short refresher course!
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
English (June & July): https://QuickStartEnglish2018.eventbrite.com
Math Sessions 1 (June): https://QuickStartMath2018s1.eventbrite.com
Math Sessions 2 (July): https://QuickStartMath2018s2.eventbrite.com
For questions or more information, contact Grant Coordinators:
San Luis Obispo Campus: Claire Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-546-3100, x2811 or
North County Campus: Amy Pike, email@example.com, 805-591-6200, x4264