QuickStart for English and Math
WHAT IS IT?
QuickStart are free, short skills-refresher workshops targeting students who place below transfer-level English and/or math
- Students new or returning to college after a long absence who take a QuickStart workshop can expect to increase their skills and comfort level with the course material; and
- Students completing QuickStart have the opportunity to retake math and/or English assessment tests and place into a higher-level course for the next semester.
WHEN IS IT?
- Workshops are usually held during the beginning of summer, lasting two weeks.
- Workshops are held on both the San Luis Obispo Campus as well as the North County Campus in Paso Robles.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN QUICKSTART?
- Students who have not taken an English or Math class in at least two years and have placed in a course-level under 200; or
- New Students who apply to Cuesta and place below transfer-level English and/or Math (under 200 course-level)
WHO SHOULD SIGN-UP?
- Students who want to strengthen their math skills - especially if it has been a while since your last English or math course
- Students who want to avoid repeating a course already passed in high school or at another college
- Students who want to potentially avoid taking a semester or more of math and/or English if reassessment places them into a higher course at the end of QuickStart
- Students interested in a free, short refresher course!
HOW DO I SIGN-UP?
Free, online registration not yet available - check back January 2018!
For questions or more information, contact Grant Coordinators:
San Luis Obispo Campus: Claire Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-546-3100, x2811 or
North County Campus: Amy Pike, email@example.com, 805-591-6200, x4264