Academic ESL (Credit)
- Provides college preparation and academic language instruction.
- Preparation for certificate and degree programs.
- Preparation for transfer to a university.
- Prepration for vocational certificates.
- Preparation for the GED.
- Financial aid options are available for permanent residents, citizens, or AB540 students.
The ESL office will help you fill out the financial aid application.
- For residency information, click here.
- For financial aid information, click here.
- For tuition fees, click here.
- No childcare is provided.
- Intermediate to advanced levels; conversation, grammar, reading, writing.
- Most classes start at 6pm or 7pm and meet once or twice a week. Some classes are in the morning.
- To see the class schedule, click here.
LOCATION OF CLASSES
- Single level classes are offered on-campus at Cuesta College only.
- Regular attendance is required.
- A Certificate of Specialization can be obtained.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO CUESTA COLLEGE.
The first step is to fill out an admissions application to be admitted to Cuesta College. You may fill out the application from home by clicking here, or you may fill it out at the ESL office.
2. TAKE AN ASSESMENT.
The second step is to take an assessment. Every new or returning student has to be assessed to determine the appropriate level of instruction. The ESL office can give you the schedule of assessment dates. The assessment results will help us place you in the ESL class that best fits your needs.
3. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID.
The fthird step is to fill out a financial aid application. You will need your tax return from the previous year. The ESL office will assist you with this.
4. REGISTER FOR CLASSES.
The fourth step is registering for classes. The ESL office will assist you with this.
To see the class schedule, click here.