LIFE AND WORK SKILLS ESL (Non-Credit)
- Provides life and work skills.
- Communicative life-skill emphasis
- Preparation for employment.
- Preparation for the GED.
- Preparation for future academic coursework
- Clases are free.
- FREE childcare is provided in most sites.
- Integrated skills, beginner to advanced levels; 701-706
- Pronunciation, conversation, grammar, reading, writing
- Civic education
- Computer skills
- Most classes start at 6:00 or 6:30 pm and meet twice a week. Some classes are in the morning.
LOCATION OF CLASSES
- Multilevel classes are offered throughout the San Luis Obispo county communities: San Miguel, Shandon, Paso Robles, Atascadero, Cambria, San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande, Nipomo, and Oceano.
- Single level classes are offered at the Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo campuses, and the site at Arroyo Grande High School.
- For on-campus classes: regular attendance is required.
- For community classes: regular attendance is necessary for satisfactory progress.
There are four Certificates of Competency for students completing a designated sequence of two courses. In addition, students may earn a Certificate of Completion by successfully completing two levels of Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) courses.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for noncredit classes, please call the ESL office for registration dates. When you register, you will fill out an admissions application, an English assessment, and you will be given an orientation about our program. The registration process takes about 2.5 hours.