How to Register (PDF)
Login to myCuesta and click on:
Attend a Quick Start Workshop for in-person help to apply & register for Fall classes. When? Fridays, between 2-4pm on SLO or NC campus through August 13. Masks are required.
myCuesta Login Problems? Click here for Directions to Unlock Account or Reset/Change Password.
Still need login help? Submit your name and Cuesta student ID number to email@example.com
Priority Registration Date: In myCuesta Student Registration Services, click on "Registration Status" to confirm your priority date/time to register, posted when the Class Finder becomes available for a term. Registration priority dates are posted below for term. if "Open to All" is posted, priority registration has ended and registration is open to all students up until day prior to first class meeting.
Continuing students must have a completed Comprehensive Student Education Plan (CSEP), before the start of registration to maintain their priority registration dates.
Prior to the first class meeting, students may add classes online and enroll in an available seat or waitlist slot for a closed/full class. How to Register (PDF)
- Enter CRN in Add Classes Worksheet, then click "Submit Changes" to be "Web Registered."
- Click "Complete Registration" to pay fees owed.
- Return to Registration menu, click on "My Class Schedule/Receipt" to confirm enrollment.
- Use drop-down, select "Waitlist" then click "Submit Changes."
- Return to Registration menu, click "Student Detail Schedule/Waitlist Position" to check waitlist status.
- Monitor your myCuesta student email daily for notification of available seat. You will only have 24 hours to respond and register for open seat or will be deleted from waitlist.
- Use drop-down beside Waitlisted course, select "Web Registered" then click "Submit Changes."
- Missed deadline? Your only option is to re-enroll in an available waitlist slot to return to the notification queue. Once you miss the deadline, you are automatically dropped and the available seat is offered to the next waitlist student for another 24 hours.
An add code is required to register for a course as of the first class meeting. Add codes are available by permission from the instructor on a space-available basis. Add codes are case-sensitive, enter letters in caps. Deadline? One day prior to posted Census date in Class Finder - click on CRN after search results.
- Not Waitlisted: Enter CRN in Add Classes Worksheet then click "Submit Changes." A registration error will return with a box to enter the add code. Enter add code then click "Validate" and follow prompts to complete registration.
- Waitlisted? Two Steps:
1) Drop from waitlist. WRITE DOWN THE CRN. Use the drop-down beside course, select "Drop/Delete" then click "Submit Changes."
2) Enter the CRN in the Add Classes Worksheet, click "Submit Changes" for box to appear to enter add code. Enter add code, then click "Validate" and follow prompts to complete registration.
Before dropping course, go to My Class Schedule/Receipt to see drop deadlines for the CRN you wish to drop. For partial refund, drop within 10% of course; For drop without W (no refund), drop within 20% of course; For drop with W (no refund), drop within 60% of course.
- Use drop-down beside course and select drop option, then click "Submit Changes."
- Return to Registration menu, click on "My Class Schedule/Receipt" to confirm course removed from schedule.
- Review Dropping Courses policy, regarding grading and refund deadlines.
Need to apply? If your status is any below, you must submit an admission application before being
cleared to register.
If you applied in a prior term but never registered, you are not considered a continuing student and must reapply.
- Submit application if you are new to Cuesta.
- Submit application if returning to Cuesta after being absent two or more primary (fall/spring) terms.
- Submit application if you are an Enrichment student, which is required every term you concurrently enroll while in high school.
Online admission application and registration is available during the timelines below.
|View Classes &
myCuesta Reg Priority
Open to all
January 18 to May 20
|October 1, 2021||
October 29, 2021
Student's priority date/time to register can be viewed in myCuesta once the Class Finder is available for the term. To view your priority date/time to register, login to myCuesta - go to the Student Registration Services portlet and "Registration Status."