¡Zoom! FYE Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for ¡Zoom!?
How does ¡Zoom! work?
How will ¡Zoom! help me succeed?
What are the ¡Zoom! program requirements?
How can I find out more about the ¡Zoom! program?
The ¡Zoom! First Year Experience (FYE) program at Cuesta College is a rigorous, fast-track program designed to help first-year college students complete their pre-college-level English and Math courses faster, helping them move into university-level classes sooner.
You can apply if you:
- are a first year Cuesta student (have applied for admission and been accepted); and
- place below transfer-level English and/or Math (under course-level 200)
Students take 12 units of mandatory, custom-designed courses (one each Math, English and College Success Studies).
Students take 12 units, selected from the options listed on their Student Education Plan
Both semesters: mandatory activities related to the ¡Zoom! FYE program and designed to ensure success.
All ¡Zoom! FYE students have access to the following support to help them:
- free, designated tutoring services tied to the ¡Zoom! FYE classes
- faculty mentors who are part of the ¡Zoom! FYE program
- free core textbooks in math and English (and also College Success Studies 225 in the first semester)
- ¡Zoom! Support Center, where ¡Zoom! FYE students can meet with a tutor or coach, join a study group, or work on homework with classmates
- free workshops designed to build skills that help students do well
- dedicated support from an Academic Counselor assigned to ¡Zoom! FYE students
- helpful support sessions with an Academic Success Coach (to build skills, access resources, provide guidance)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units
- Take and pass all courses in the first year
- Meet with academic counselor, Academic Success Coach, and mentors
- Commit to extra study time required of this accelerated program
- Spend a minimum of 3 hours per week in the ¡Zoom! Support Center Lab
- Attend Orientation and Information Sessions and Success Workshops
- Sign a contract agreeing to complete all parts of the program
Ask your high school counselor or email Regina Voge, ¡Zoom! Program Director, email@example.com or Claire Hawkins, Coordinator on the SLO Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Pike, Coorindator on the North County Campus, email@example.com.