Apply to Cuesta College
» You are a Returning Student if you have been absent (sat out) a primary fall or spring term.
» You are a Returning Student if you were absent two or more primary terms (one year); you will need to reapply to Cuesta College.
Credit Admission Application
- New students can complete and submit the online application here.
Before You Start Your Application
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we will send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- Have your permanent resident card ready. (If applicable)
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation after you submit your application containing
very important information. This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you applied for
admission. If you do not receive an email confirmation with your student identification
number from Cuesta with 72 hours, please contact the main Admissions and Registration
office: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone:
(805) 546-3140 or (805) 591-6225.
- Once you have been assigned a Cuesta Identification number and username (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to log into myCuesta portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment steps.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Registration office at (805) 546-3140 or (805) 591-6225 or email@example.com.
Cuesta offers a variety of Federal and State financial aid programs; including grants, fee waivers, work-study, scholarships, and loans.
- Complete and submit online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application.
- Visit the Financial Aid Office's website to learn how to apply.
- Schedule a counseling appointment or drop-in session with Counseling Services
- Academic Counseling Services
- During the counseling session, you will create a Student Education Plan (SEP). A Student Education Plan (SEP) is a semester by semester map of the course you need to complete in order to achieve your educational goal at Cuesta.
- Undecided on your career/educational goals and interested in, checkout or Career Tool!
- Transferring coursework from another college you attended prior to Cuesta? If yes, submit official copies of your transcripts to the Evaluations office for review.
How to Register
You will be assigned a registration date and time. On or after that date, you can add classes for the upcoming semester in your myCuesta portal.
Please refer to the Registration Page for instructions on Registration using the myCuesta Portal.
Fee payments can be made through your myCuesta portal under Student Account. Fees may be paid by credit or debit card immediately following online registration transactions or by cash, check or money order at the Student Accounts Cashiers Offices at either campus. There is a $2 convenience fee for credit/debit card payments.
Student Support Programs are here to help you reach your academic and personal goals!
- ASCC Get involved and make a difference with your student government, Associated Students of Cuesta College (ASCC).
- Housing Resources While Cuesta College does not offer housing for students, we do have resources to help you find housing that is right for you.
- Leadership Courses
- Clubs and Organizations Join a club to get involved, meet new friends, and share your interests. Choose from the variety of established clubs or start one of your own!
- Student ID The ASCC Student ID is needed for many activities, events, discounts and resources. This includes entrance to the ASCC Social Club, admission to certain events (often with free food), and discounts at local businesses.
- ASCC Social Club Looking for a place on campus to hang out? Stop by the ASCC Social Club to kick back, play video games, shoot some pool, or just relax!
- Cultural Center The Cultural Center embraces and celebrates the diverse cultural heritage that all Cuesta College students, faculty, and staff bring to our community. The center is located in rooms 5104A and 5104B on the far end of the cafeteria. We offer resources from our book/DVD lending library, a small computer lab and other literature. The center also hosts an array of events throughout the year, check out our event calendar for current activities planned.
- Food Pantry We have a variety of food available including: can tuna, oatmeal, granola bars, can beans, soups, cup noodles, peanut butter, spaghetti, etc. We try to provide as much variety as possible, while sticking to our budget and providing for the basic food needs of our students. Students will be able to take one or two items, so that we have plenty for everyone.