Learn to do Japanese Suminagashi (paper marbling) and write Chinese characters on the finished product. This class requires no previous experience. Detailed instructions are included. First day will be doing the marbling, the second day will be either more marbling, or learning to write the characters on the dried marbled paper.
If you have any questions, please call the instructor, Joy Harvey at least a few days before the class is scheduled to begin at 559-539-6123 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supply fees: $22.00 - $75.00 based on need.
Please bring the following items from home:
* new kitty litter pan (or similar deep sided pan, light color or clear glass, at least 14"x 20" and 3 inch deep)
* large felt material (or newspapers) for drying suminagashi
* 2-4 leaf-vein brushes (small fine tip)
* 3-5 small tea-cup size containers
* a supply of many types of paper, with some absorbency (not slick)
* *instructor will supply surfactant, ink, and color
For writing characters:
* orchid bamboo brush or Chinese landscape brush
* Chinese ink
* ink saucer
* water dish
* felt (at least 24" x 24")
* and chinese practice paper
**all items will be available for purchase from instructor (except containers)
-- Bring a sack lunch