Cooking & Nutrition
Welcome to Community Programs Cooking & Nutrition Homepage
View our current course offerings in the left hand column of the page (from desktop computer) or the drop down menu (three lines on a mobile device). Registration is recommended at least one week in advance to ensure courses meet their minimum enrollment.
Interested in teaching a not-for-credit course through Community Programs? Propose a new class here.
- Becoming a Cook: Degree Guidebook - http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/cooking/
- Pastry Chef: Degree Guide - http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/pastry/
- Restaurant Manager Degree Guidebook - http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/restaurant-management/
- Wine as a Profession: Schooling Guide - http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/wine-schools/
- Culinary Careers Guidebook - http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/careers/
About Our Instructors:
Michele (“mee-keh-leh” “mee-kay-lay”) or “Michael” is an Italian man who has travelled the world, is keen on food & wine, has learned from many different cultures, and now has settled in California.
He holds a Master’s degree in Chemistry, is a Certified Life Coach and has graduated in the Culinary Arts. An enthusiastic, skilled Italian cook, he is an expert in the Mediterranean Diet, a proven healthy, tasty and above all enjoyable lifestyle.
He is committed to achieving the “Zero food waste” goal. He believes that what we eat, drink, and do are the keys for us to live a better and longer life, and this happens by learning how to choose the best ingredients, about the cooking process, and growing our knowledge and awareness. As he likes to say: “hands-on-cooking is one of the best therapy”...then putting this saying into practice with authentic, simple, delicious recipes.