AmpSurf Certified Adaptive Surf Instructor Program with American Red Cross Certification
Adaptive Surfing and Surf Therapy is growing around the world as an effective way to rehabilitate and empower those living with Behavioral, Intellectual, Mental, and Physical conditions and injuries. As Surf Therapy continues to grow it is important that those going into the water to assist these individuals have knowledge of what different disabilities present and how to adapt to make sure that the experience is safe and positive. The virtual classroom portion of the training will cover various disabilities and how to create a positive and safe experience for participants taking part in Surf Therapy.
Topics Included in the training:
- Adult & Child CPR/AED and First Aid (American Red Cross certification included, $100 value)
- Working with individuals with Post-Traumatic Stress and other mental health and physical disabilities including but not limited to: autism, amputations, paraplegia, blindness and traumatic brain Injury (TBI)
- Practical Beach/In -water instruction (also serves as a practical application and qualification evaluation by Lead Instructor staff)
Ocean experience is recommended as well as the ability to lift, with the assistance of others, full grown adults and sustain water activities for at least 3 hours.
Required text can be purchased at https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/3-keys-to-managing-ptsd-brett-cotter/1122662863
DATES & TIMES:
- 6 meetings, Tuesdays and Thursdays: October 19 - 29, 2020
- 1 Saturdays: November 7, 2020
- 7:00am-1:00pm (Beach and In-Water Instruction)
MODE OF DELIVERY: Live Remote - Zoom
INSTRUCTOR: Dana Cummings - www.ampsurf.org
QUESTIONS: Contact instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org