Private Critique Sessions (PCS)
***Must be enrolled for full Conference***
Don’t Miss 2017 Private Critique Sessions!
PCS is back again this year and continues to be a highlight of the Central Coast Writers Conference. All conference participants are eligible, new and experienced writers welcome.
- Choose a faculty member in your genre or an agent
- Submit your work
- Enjoy a rare opportunity to meet one on one with a professional for 15 minutes to discuss your work
Enroll by signing up at the conference website. QUESTIONS: Contact organizers at PCSatCCWC@gmail.com
Private Critique Session How To
How to choose your faculty member
- Know your genre
- See presenter biographies
- Check for available time slots and sign up - REGISTER ONLINE
(Note: if you have a section conflict, leave the class quietly and/or return to the class scheduled after your critique.)
How to submit your work
- When you arrive at the conference, check in at the Private Critique Session table.
- Come to the conference with 2 copies of your work. Leave one copy at PCS check in for the faculty member file.
- IMPORTANT: include your name and genre in the top right corner of you submission.
Fiction and nonfiction prose - 2 to 3 pages typed, double spaced, 12 point font
Screenplays - 5 to 10 pages in screenplay format
Poetry - 40 lines
How to make the most of your 15 minutes
- Take notes
- Be prepared with a few questions you’d like to ask if time permits