CCWC Teen Writing Contest - "Stories that Unsettle"
The Central Coast Writers Conference (CCWC) is hosting a Teen Writing Contest open to SLO County students (and participants in the 2021 CCWC Teen Writing Workshop), ages 12-19.
Submissions should be short stories between 1,000-7,000 words and should fit at least loosely within in the horror genre, which can include subgenres such as psychological suspense, cosmic horror, weird fiction, dark fantasy, and anything in between!
Finalists will be published as part of a Central Coast Writer’s Conference short-story collection, and the winner will also receive a prize of $50.
Eligibility: All SLO County residents, ages 12-19, are eligible. Non-SLO County residents who attend the 2021 CCWC Teen Writing Workshop are also eligible.
Deadline: Submissions must be received by November 7th, 2021.
Submission Guidelines: Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the parameters and instructions listed below:
Email Subject Line: CCWC “Stories that Unsettle” Contest
Include the following in the email message:
- Author Name
- Story Title
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- For contestants under 18, please include full name of parent or guardian and their phone number
- Submit your story as a PDF or Word document.
- Do not include your name on the story document.
- Be sure your story title appears at the beginning of the document.
- Be sure you submit your complete and final draft.
- Include page numbers on your document.