We will discuss body mechanics and learn various breathing techniques, vocal warm ups & diction exercises used to develop a voice into an instrument. We will explore a variety of classic and current songs to solo and harmonize with. The final day will be recorded as a performance and given to students.
Students should have:
- Room to move & sing while standing, if physically possible
- Ideally, external speakers to be able to hear themselves and listen to other music without straining.
- Pencil, highlighter, notebook, or composition book (lined paper).
OFFERED: Session I and Session II - CANCELLED
FEE: $75 + $5 instructional materials fee
CLASS MATERIALS LIST: Contact instruction firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Notebook or composition book (lined paper)
- External speakers (recommended)
TIME: 9:30 - 10:20am
MODE OF DELIVERY: Live Remote Instruction using Zoom and Google Classroom
- REQUIRED: Gmail account
INSTRUCTOR: Shea Kelly - "Music makes my world go round. I’ve spent my life playing and teaching music with friends and to students."