June 9: Email from the Superintendent / President
As California and San Luis Obispo County are moving into reopening, we look forward to a small handful of classes on campus next week. Protocols have been put into place to support the continued health and well being of our campus community and we need your help.
1. Building and restroom closures
Please, please respect the closures and use the restrooms that are open, unlocked, and sanitized daily. DO NOT USE CLOSED RESTROOMS. You may enter a closed building to retrieve personal items and materials necessary for work. Do not linger (or work) in closed buildings and do not use closed restrooms. If you enter a building outside the business hours of M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM please send a quick email to Campus Police (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting them know your name, where you are, and how long you plan to stay. HVAC remains off in closed buildings.
2. Stay home if you are sick
Stay home if you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms related to COVID-19.
3. Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. Practice social distancing
Stay at least 6 feet from other people and avoid mass gatherings.
5. Cover your mouth and nose with a face cover when around others
A face cover protects others in case you are infected. You could spread disease, even if you do not feel sick.
6. Clean and disinfect
Frequently disinfect your work station throughout the day, especially frequently touched surfaces, to supplement the daily cleaning by custodial staff.
Cuesta College is supplying the following to support our healthy campus:
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing spray and towels/wipes
Please send requests for the campus supplies listed above to your supervisor.
The safe return to campus is built on each of us doing our part. Thank you for your efforts to keep Cuesta healthy!