October 7: Email from the Superintendent / President
Building reopenings for faculty use
To enhance support of faculty teaching in all modalities, faculty office buildings are being reopened as noted on the chart below. While we have increased our custodial staffing, reopening additional buildings requires adherence to modifications of our regular practices to ensure continued enhanced levels of sanitation.
The following steps will facilitate maintaining our healthy campus:
- Exterior doors remain locked
- All food waste must be disposed in outside bins (additional bins being located near entry doors)
- No student access to faculty office buildings
- Weekly sanitization and cleaning on Fridays by custodial professionals
- Social distancing, face coverings, and frequent handwashing required
- Personal regular workspace sanitization encouraged and supported by Cougar Safety Bags Bag (request through myCuesta, Work Orders, Safety Tools)
- HVAC set to run from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
- Open restrooms are noted on chart below and on the campus maps on the Cuesta College COVID-19 webpage
There are a number of roofing and HVAC projects underway and many more scheduled throughout spring 2021. These will include periods of power outages to buildings under renovation. All power outages will be communicated via email Cuesta Announcements.
|Faculty Office Building||Open Date||Restroom Location||Notes|
|1300||10.12.20||1100 / 1000|
|4300||11.02.20||4100||No power until roof project completion on 10/30|
|6200||10.15.20||6100||Roof project completion on 10.14, open on 10.15|
*Please note: Reopening faculty office buildings provides the opportunity for those with offices in the noted buildings to work from campus, but is not a requirement to do so. Please contact your dean with any questions.
Jill Stearns, Ph.D.
Highway 1, San Luis Obispo, CA 93403
805.546.3118 | www.cuesta.edu