- If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT. Clear the area and immediately call the Campus Police Department at x3911 or (805) 546-3205 (SLO), x4911 or (805) 591-6205 (NCC).
- Any person receiving a phone call that a bomb or other explosive device has been placed on campus to attempt to ask the caller:
Keep talking to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
Immediately call the Campus Police Department at x3911 or (805) 546-3205 (SLO), x4911 or (805) 591-6205 (NCC) and supply the information outlined above
If a bomb threat is received by mail, do not further handle the letter, envelope or package. Vacate the area at once and call the Campus Police Department.
A detailed bomb search will be conducted. Employees are requested to make a cursory inspection of their areas for suspicious objects and to report the location to administration personnel. DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT
- Time of call?
- Age and sex of the caller
- Speech pattern, accent
- Emotional state
- Background noises