Virtual Student Show 2021
REGISTER HERE for the Live Zoom Award Ceremony on May 13 at 5:30pm PST.
The current situation of COVID-19 has deeply impacted how our gallery programming normally progresses, including our standard execution of the student show. This year, we will be moving forward with a virtual student exhibition. The exhibition will be juried as usual and submissions will be entered digitally. The exhibition will be hosted on an online website and we will have a virtual ZOOM award ceremony. Students will submit a 15-30 second video artist statement, ideally in their home studio, that our generous Marketing department will help weave into a video that we will show during the awards ceremony. All students who submit will be included in the video, not just accepted students and award winners. This year's juror is Cate Trujillo, Exhibits and Campus Art Curator, Creative Works - Cal Poly.
Student Submissions OPEN via Slideroom: April 1 - April 20,
Students notified of acceptance: April 26,
Online exhibition released at noon and award ceremony, 5:00pm: May 13.
RULES OF SUBMISSION:
- Students are able to submit up to three works, three images per work (i.e. 1 overall image and 2 detail shots).
- Students will be required to submit a 15-30 second video artist statement, ideally in their home studio. Prompts will be included in the Slideroom application.
- Images of submitted works should be a maximum of 5 MB and, if 3D, taken with a plain black or white background. Videos must be less than 250 MB in size.
- Artwork must have been created Fall 2020-Spring 2021
- No work previously exhibited at the Miossi Gallery may be submitted.
Award Categories: Ceramics, Drawing, Graphic Design/Digital Art, Painting, Photography, Printmaking and Sculpture
After the April 20 deadline, our technology partner Slideroom will be conducting a brief survey for your thoughts on the submission system. Those who respond will be entered to win a $25 gift card.