Typing Test Information
Need a typing certificate? Look no further than Career Connections at Cuesta College!
Cuesta College offers typing tests and typing certificates at no cost to students AND members of the community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I take a typing test?
- Typing tests are offered at the San Luis Obispo Cuesta College Campus ONLY.
- Career Connections is located in the 5300 Building in Room 5310.
- Our office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm- Career Connections will be closed 4/30 and 5/01 for
- We are closed for lunch from 12pm-1pm.
- Please allow 30 minutes to take the test. The last typing test time will be at 4pm
Do I have to make an appointment to take the typing test?
- No, all typing tests are offered on a first come, first served basis. We have two
computers available in our office for typing tests.
If you are concerned about wait times, please feel free to call ahead to (805)546-3252.
How much does the test cost?
- The test is FREE.
I'm not a student at Cuesta, is that okay?
- Yes, that's fine. You do not have to be a Cuesta College student to take the typing test and/or get a certificate.
What about parking?
- We recommend that you park in Lot 2 or Lot 5.
- If you do not have a Cuesta College Student Parking Permit, you will need to purchase a daily parking pass from one of the kiosks located around campus (see this CAMPUS MAP for kiosk locations) and display it on your windshield.
- Daily parking permits cost $2.00, CASH ONLY.
How long does the typing test take?
- Everyone is different, but we recommend giving yourself at least 30 minutes to take the test to ensure that you have time to get the score you want.
- You can take the test as many times as you want, and use your best time for the certificate.
Feel free to come in and practice during our office hours!
Do I get my certificate on the same day I take the test?
- Yes, we will print out your official certificate as soon as you are finished with the typing test.
- We will also make 2 copies for you, and we can send you a PDF copy of your certificate
if you need one.
If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)546-3252.