About Health Services
Hi! WE’RE THE STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
Your overall well-being is our #1 priority with us. We are here to provide the best support offering free,* confidential, educational, mental and physical healthcare services for every enrolled student at Cuesta College.
* Your health services fee is included in your registration.
¡Hola! SOMOS EL CENTRO DE SALUD ESTUDIANTIL
Tu bienestar general es nuestra prioridad #1. Estamos aquí para brindar la mejor atención ofreciendo
servicios de educación y cuidado de la salud física y mental de manera confidencial y
gratuita* para cada estudiante inscrito en Cuesta College.
* El costo de los servicios de salud fue incluido en el proceso de registro.
At the Student Health Center, we believe in the importance of promoting health and well-being as part of our students’ lifestyles. We support students and help them learn valuable skills they need to make healthy and informed choices throughout their lifetime.
We support students in their academic success and personal development. Our therapy services
are personalized, confidential and do not transfer with academic records. The services
• Individual therapy
• Group therapy
• Crisis prevention and intervention
• Education and outreach
• Referrals for long-term care
Our Primary Care Clinic provides services for:
• Acute illness and minor uncomplicated medical problems
• Free/reduced cost medication, antibiotic prescriptions and home-care instructions
• First aid & free over-the-counter medications (MediBin)
• Health screenings includes: Blood pressure, TB testing, height and weight (BMI), cholesterol and glucose levels
• Vaccination clinic
We are partnering with CAPSLO’s The Center to offer free and confidential reproductive
• Birth control
• Emergency contraception
• Pregnancy testing
• STI/STD testing and treatment
• HIV testing and counseling
• Health education
Students are welcome to meet with a peer educator to learn about:
• Personalized diet analysis
• Setting positive lifestyle and nutritional goals such as nutrition for athletics, fitness, weight changes, or just to get a few ideas for SMART
Our dedicated staff of professionals include: nurse practitioner, registered nurses, licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT), associate marriage and family therapist (AMFT), health/wellness promoter and caring support staff.
Our therapists and nurses have received training in assisting the LGBTQIA+ populations. We are actively involved in continue training to make sure the services we provide are LGBTQIA + affirming.
A large portion of the clients we see are exploring the coming out process or needed a safe place to talk about their gender and/or sexual identity. We welcome these populations and have improved our intake forms to include preferred pronouns, Gender and Sexual identity.
The North County Campus has medical and mental health facilities as well, however, students are encouraged to access the San Luis Obispo Health Center for any services not available on-site at NCC.
*We have bilingual staff (spanish/english)