Emotions through the lens
At the Student Health Center, we believe in the importance of promoting health and
well-being as part of our students’ lifestyles. Emotions through the lens is a contest that takes place every year as part of the #CuestaCampusWell strategy that seeks to promote an environment of well-being in our community. Knowing that art speaks the language of our interior worlds, this contest aims to discover emotions through the lens by promoting mental health as an important component of our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Also, reduce the social stigma related to mental illness by shifting peoples’ attitudes towards mental wellness, and by increasing their willingness to talk about mental health as an integral part of a healthy and balanced life. In closing, we want to recognize creativity and unique ideas which promote a positive lifestyle.
This 4th version of the contest is designed and promoted by the Student Health Center and awards sponsored by the Cuesta College Foundation & Student Health Center.
Para preguntas o ayuda en español contáctenos: firstname.lastname@example.org
805 546 3171
- How do you stay grounded?
- A safe zone is ...
The Jury Team:
- Annie Jankovitz, College Wellness Coordinator. County of SLO Behavioral Health.
- Laurie Buchholz, Librarian. Cuesta College.
- Michaela McLaughlin, Program Coordinator- Guided Pathways. Cuesta College.
- Lalia Gerges Barnes, Physician Assistant. Cuesta College.
- Jesus Cendejas, Community Member.
Category A: Students
- 1st place $100 gift card: Coastal Dreams by Crystal Wild
- 2nd place $50 gift card: Through Sickness and in Health by Claire Hughes
- 3rd place $25 gift card: Mystic Falls by Carli Spagnolo
- 4th place Special Recognition: Two friends at 3AM by Kevin Untalan
Category B: Employees
- 1st place $100 gift card: A girl and the sea by Natalie Torres
- 2nd place $50 gift card: I Will Always Be Your Safe Space by Brittany Bauer
- 3rd place $25 gift card: Safe place is ... family by Michelle Wright
- 4th place Special Recognition: Solar Temple by Matthew Fleming
- Are you an active Cuesta student, faculty, support staff, or management? (students enrolled in any Cuesta program, including online, GED, and ESL students)
- Do you enjoy taking pictures?
- Do you or your friend/relative have a camera or smartphone?
- Do you want to win a gift card to treat yourself?
Then, you are ready to participate! Please follow directions below: Step by Step
1. Take a picture related to the topics
2. Use a creative name or title for the picture
3. Complete the REGISTRATION FORM (required): https://form.jotform.com/212985255044054
4. We will send you an email to confirm your participation.
5. Like/Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @cuestahealthcenter
6. Post your picture on Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtag #CuestaCampusWell and tag us @cuestahealthcenter
Note: Posting on social media is not mandatory, however we will offer extra points for posting in your account and following us
There are no fees to enter. Participation is FREE.
Contest opens on November 1st, 2022 and closes on November 30th, 2022. The winners will be announced on December 9th, 2022.
Jury members will review all entries and evaluate pictures (30 in total) based on:
✓Creativity & Originality 20%
✓Artistic merit 10%
✓Relevance and adherence to the topics 30%
✓Impact and message of the photography 30%
Once accepted into the contest, participants and winners will be notified by email. All accepted work will be published in a digital exhibition at Cuesta Campus Well Gallery-2022.
USAGE Copyright and all other rights are owned by the photographer. Any photograph used by Cuesta Student Health Center shall carry the photographer’s credit line. Use may include publication in any Cuesta Student Health Center media publication. All participants understand and agree that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Cuesta Student Health Center for marketing and promotional purposes including media such as exhibitions, print and digital material related to Well-being.
Participants represent and warrant that (1) the photographs are original and that they own the rights to their photographs, (2) the photographs do not violate the rights of any third party, (3) any additional information they submit about the Photographs is accurate, (4) the proposal does not have offensive content regarding race, culture, gender or any aspect that threatens the dignity and freedom of any person.