Emotions through the lens
At the Student Health Center, we believe in the importance of promoting health and
well-being as part of our students’ lifestyles. Emotions through the lens is a contest that takes place every year as part of the #CuestaCampusWell strategy that seeks to promote an environment of well-being in our community. This contest aims to discover emotions through the lens by promoting mental health as an important component of our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Also, reduce the social stigma related to mental illness by shifting peoples’ attitudes towards mental wellness, and by increasing their willingness to talk about mental health as an integral part of a healthy and balanced life. In closing, we want to recognize creativity and unique ideas which promote a positive lifestyle.
This 3rd version of the contest is designed and promoted by the Student Health Center and awards sponsored by the Cuesta College Foundation.
Para preguntas o ayuda en español contáctenos: email@example.com
805 546 3171
- What motivates you to be a better person every day?
- How do you stay positive during challenging times?
- What does wellness mean to you and how do you stay afloat?
Categories and Awards:
- Category A: Students
- Category B: Employees
- 1st place: $100 gift card
- 2nd place: $50 gift card
- 3rd place: $25 gift card
Our jury team:
Annie Jankovitz, College Wellness Coordinator. County of SLO Behavioral Health Prevention & Outreach.
- Michael Aponte, Multimedia Specialist. Cuesta College Marketing & Communications.
Ali Phelps, Activities Assistant. Cuesta College Student Life.
Jamie Bettencourt, Academic Success Coach. Cuesta College Counseling.
Jessica Strano, Director of Philanthropy. Cuesta College Foundation.
Winners Category A: Students
1st. Place: Restored by Wilderness, by Sadie Richert
2nd. Place: Savoring the Little Things Golden Hour in SLO, by Sarah Gilbert
3rd. Place: The Anxiety of the Storm, by Jamie Rey
4th. Place (Special Recognition): A New Chapter, by Amy Schick
Winners Category B: Employees
1st. Place: Change in Perspectives, by Brittany Bauer
2nd. Place: Carrizo Spring, by Angela Henderson
3rd. Place: Happy in the Sunshine, by Jennifer Tittle-Kim
4th. Place (Special Recognition): Say Cheese!, by Darlene Azevedo
- Are you an active Cuesta student, faculty or staff? (students enrolled in any Cuesta program, including online, GED, and ESL students)
- Do you enjoy taking pictures?
- Do you or your friend/relative have a camera or smartphone?
- Do you want to win a gift card to treat yourself?
Then, you are ready to participate! Please follow directions below: Step by Step
1. Take a picture related to the topics
2. Use a creative name or title for the picture
3. Complete the REGISTRATION FORM available here: https://form.jotform.com/212985255044054
4. We will send you an email to confirm your participation.
5. Like/Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @cuestahealthcenter
6. Post your picture on Instagram or Facebook, using the hashtag #CuestaCampusWell and tag us @cuestahealthcenter
Note: Posting on social media is not mandatory, however we will offer extra points for posting in your account and following us
There are no fees to enter. Participation is FREE.
Contest opens on November 1st, 2021 and closes on November 30th, 2021. The winners will be announced on December 10th, 2021
Jury members will review all entries and evaluate pictures (30 in total) based on:
✓Creativity & Originality 20%
✓Artistic merit 10%
✓Relevance and adherence to the topics 30%
✓Impact and message of the photography 30%
Once accepted into the contest, participants and winners will be notified by email. All accepted work will be published in a digital exhibition at Cuesta Campus Well Gallery-2021.
USAGE Copyright and all other rights are owned by the photographer. Any photograph used by Cuesta Student Health Center shall carry the photographer’s credit line. Use may include publication in any Cuesta Student Health Center media publication. All participants understand and agree that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Cuesta Student Health Center for marketing and promotional purposes including media such as exhibitions, print and digital material related to Well-being.
Participants represent and warrant that (1) the photographs are original and that they own the rights to their photographs, (2) the photographs do not violate the rights of any third party, (3) any additional information they submit about the Photographs is accurate, (4) the proposal does not have offensive content regarding race, culture, gender or any aspect that threatens the dignity and freedom of any person.