Prerequisite Clearance Forms
New students that have not completed college English or math courses may need to take an English or math assessment test.
Visit Assessment for further information.
The following courses require verification of prerequisite/co-rerequisite completion prior to registering: List of Computer Enforced Courses
Successful completion of a prerequisite or corequisite course is achieved by earning a final grade of “C” or better in the required prerequisite course.
- Prerequisite or co-requisite coursework completed at another college/university, other than Cuesta, must be verified through official transcripts or AP scores and by submitting Prerequisite Clearance Form.
- Allow processing time and check for clearance in myCuesta, Student tab in the
Steps to Success channel under "Check Registration Status."
- Form C: For clearance of PHYSICS courses completed at an institution other than Cuesta. It is the student's responsibility to attain the Physics Department Chair's signature prior to submission of the Form C. Physical Science Division Chair: Bret Clark, SLO Campus building 2100, phone (805) 546-3230.
Challenging a Prerequisite/Co-requisite
Students must provide compelling evidence to support a challenge of prerequisite/co-requisite
requirement. It is the student's responsibility to attain the appropriate department
chair's signature prior to submission of the Form B. For detailed information, view: Student's Right to Challenge.
Steps to challenge a prerequisite/co-requisite:
1) Complete Form B: Prerequisite/Co-requisite Course Challenge
2) Attach supporting documentation.
3) Submit Form B to appropriate administrator.
Office of Academic Affairs for Academic Dean and Division Chairs
Office of Vice President Student Services
Director, Student Success