How to Order Transcripts
Same day or express transcript orders are not available.
Official Cuesta transcripts may be ordered by one of the four options listed below. Order transcripts via the Internet for the quickest delivery of your transcripts. Transcripts prior to 1984 may require additional processing time. Transcript orders will not be processed if the student has an existing balance on their account, including the present term's registration fees, holds, or obligations. See Withholding of Student Records. Pay fees owed online through myCuesta by debit/credit card and a delinquent debt hold will be lifted within 10 minutes.
1) Order Transcripts Online via myCuesta: Allow 3-5 business days.
Login to myCuesta. Go to Student tab > My Web Services channel > Open Banner Self-Service > Student > Student Records > Order Official Transcripts. Login Problems? Reset password by clicking on "Forgot my password" and entering your username (format: firstname_lastname). Submit a myCuesta Password Reset Request if you are unable to answer your security questions.
- Cost is $6.50 per order, payable by debit or credit card. A single order can be placed for up to 5 transcripts going to 5 different recipients. Submit multiple orders if you need to order beyond the 5 maximum for a single order.
- Have an attachment? You may still place your order online and mark there is an attachment with your order. Follow the instructions provided to printout a confirmation page to fax with your attachment which will then be sent in the same envelope via US mail to the address provided.
2) Order Transcripts Online Directly through TranscriptPlus®: Allow 3-5 business days.
- Information on cost, how to check on order, and customer service contact information is the same as above when ordering via myCuesta. Link here.
3) Order In-Person: Allow 2-3 weeks to process order.
4) Order by Mail: Allow 10-15 business days to process order.
- Submit a transcript order form with signature authorization. If you have previously ordered transcripts, submit $3.00 per transcript by check/money order payable to Cuesta College. First two transcripts ever ordered are no charge.
- Mail to: Cuesta College Records Office, PO Box 8106, San Luis Obispo CA 93403-8106.
- Faxed forms are not accepted.
Students may access their unofficial transcripts (1984 to the present) via the myCuesta web portal. Go to the Student tab and Steps to Success channel then click on “View Unofficial Transcripts." Those who need Cuesta College records prior to 1984 must order official transcripts. Students may view unofficial transcript online as long as the student does not have a debt, including the present term's registration fees or have a hold or other obligation. [Click here: Printing Tips for Unofficial Transcript.] Only official transcripts are processed by the Records Office; Unofficial transcripts are only available online via myCuesta.
myCuesta Login - Change Password: As of January 8, 2019, all students must update their myCuesta password via the new Portal Guard system. Click here for directions.
Account Disabled? If you have completed all steps to updating your password in Portal Guard and receive a screen to "User Account Linking," contact email@example.com for assistance. Provide your name on your Cuesta records and Cuesta student ID number or date of birth.