Students may stay on the math or English sequence already following or
enroll in a higher-level preparatory course before enrolling in a transfer-level course.
Students are eligible to register in transfer-level math and English classes regardless of any placement you have received in the past. Check your Student Education Plan (SEP) in myCuesta Pathway in your myCuesta portal to view your academic plan. If your SEP requires a transfer-level English or math course, you may select from the list below.
|Transfer-Level Math Course||Transfer-Level English Course|
Math 220 - Math for Elementary School Teachers
|English 201A - English Composition|
|Math Preparatory Course||English Preparatory Course|
|Math 127 - Intermediate Algebra
Math 128 - Applied Beginning and Intermediate Algebra
|English 180 - Intro to English Composition|
|Math Flow Chart||English Flow Chart|
Placement options to place into an ENGLISH or MATH course:
- Placement Tool - All students who need a ENGLISH OR MATH placement must complete the PLACEMENT TOOL.
- Enrichment Student Orientation: for students still in high school, who wish to attend Cuesta concurrently.
- OR AP Exam with a score of 3 or above - View AP Score Placement Policy
- OR Earn a “C” or better grade in an English or Math course taken at another college or university
Placement Options to place into all other courses/subjects:
See List of Computer Enforced Courses that require prerequisite clearance.
- Submit a official transcript with "C" or better grade.
- Complete Prerequisite Clearance Form A (except for Physics)
- Complete Form C Evaluation Form for Physics