American Constitution Test
The American Constitution Test is designed for teaching candidates who have not completed the Constitution requirement for a credential. This test meets the state requirements, but does not provide course units of credit. Upon successfully passing the examination, a transcript of record will be issued to you.
$ 40.00 (payable by cash or check at time of testing)
Schedule a Test Date
The American Constitution Test is offered at the San Luis Obispo and North County Campuses.
Appointment is required.
For scheduling on the San Luis Obispo Campus, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For scheduling on the North County Campus, contact Judy McDaniel at (805)591-6201
- Arrive Early
- Bring a Photo ID
- $40.00 test fee (cash or check accepted)
- A daily parking permit ($2) is required at the San Luis Obispo and North County Campuses during the Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions.
The Constitution Test consists of 100 objective questions in multiple choice and true/false format. Allow at least one hour to complete the test.
The test will cover
- History leading to the adoption of the Constitution
- Articles of Confederation and compromises
- Government structure and branches of government
- Powers and duties of each branch and requirements of its members
- Powers and duties of states in relation to the federal government
- Bill of Rights and amendments (and the amendment number each right is specified in)
- Important court cases in our history
Constitution Study Guide from Southwestern Illinois College
Smith, Edward C., The Constitution of the United States, Barnes and Noble. 12th edition.
Cullop, Floyd G., The Constitution of the United States, a Mentor book, New American Library (NAL) 1984.
Books Available in the Cuesta College Library
Corwin, Edward and Peltason, Jack, Understanding the Constitution, Dryden Press, c1974.