Due to COVID-19, Cuesta College CaFE Staff/Counselors will be available to connect with students by Zoom, phone or email. Face to face meetings and counseling is not available at this time.
Need help navigating Zoom please click below for a quick reference guide on how to get started!
Current CaFE Students can schedule an appointment with a CaFE Staff Member/Counselor here:
The Cuesta College CalWORKs program provides supportive services and resources to CalWORKs recipients to gain self-sufficiency through education and work experience.
- CalWORKs is a program designed to assist student welfare recipients a transition off welfare. Our staff works with CalWORKs students to achieve long-term self-sufficiency for themselves and their families through career planning and educational opportunities. Our program offers coordinated student services including academic counseling, career counseling, work study, job placement, education on rights and responsibilities, and advocacy. Our Services include:
- Coordination with Social Services for educational supplies and supportive services.
- Open computer lab with printing and/or copy services.
- Job placement & work study coordinated with career path and major.
- Priority registration aligned with academic progress.
- Assistance with Financial Aid documentation and other paperwork.
CalWORKs is blending with EOPS/CARE to Become CaFE Centers!
We’re making some exciting changes! Cuesta College Student Services is proud to announce the opening of the CaFE Centers on the San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles Campus. The CaFE Centers blend the long standing CalWORKs and EOPS/CARE programs and add a new service component for foster youth. The CaFE Centers are located in facilities formerly housing the EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs programs and will be staffed with familiar faces along with some new faces.
NOTE: CaFE is an acronym; Ca-CalWORKs, F-Foster Youth, E-EOPS/CARE that identifies the bringing together of multiple services without the stigma associated with any individual program.
Please continue to refer students to our programs via the CaFE Centers and feel free to call or come by with questions. If you have been given a referral to Cuesta College by the Department of Social Services, please contact us at one of the numbers below to schedule your Intake appointment. Please contact our office if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you to achieve your educational goals!