The Cuesta College CalWORKs Program as part of CaFE Centers provides supportive services and resources to CalWORKs recipients to gain self-sufficiency through education and work experience.
CaFE Virtual Office Hours
You can “pop” online during our online virtual hours to ask a quick question, get the help you need immediately or just say “hello!”
|Day of the Week||Time||Zoom Link||Phone Number|
|Monday||8:30am-12:30pm||Zoom Link||1 (669) 900-6833|
|Tuesday||12:00pm-4:00pm||Zoom Link||1 (669) 900-6833|
|Wednesday||8:30am-12:30pm||Zoom Link||1 (669) 900-6833|
|Thursday||12:00pm-4:00pm||Zoom Link||1 (669) 900-6833|
Email or Phone
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (805) 546-3144 and leave us a message and we will return your call.
Schedule an appointment with one of our familiar staff members: Click here
Haven't used Zoom before? Please feel free to read through our Zoom Student Guide.
CalWORKs at Cuesta College is a program designed to assist student cash aid recipients navigate an educational pathway to a successful career so that they can transition off cash aid. We are here to work with CalWORKs students to achieve long-term self-sufficiency for themselves and their families through career planning and educational opportunities.
Our Services include:
• Guidance in applying to the college, financial aid, and registration for classes.
• Academic and career counseling to determine educational pathways.
• Coordination with Social Services for educational supplies and supportive services targeted toward your educational/career goals.
• Assist students to ensure compliance of your Welfare-to-Work (WTW) or Self-Initiated (SIP) plan through a career oriented Educational Plan.
• One-on-one case management services available online or in-person to assist in problem solving school/life issues.
• Help with the Cuesta Scholarship application and resources to PAY for school.
• Advocacy supporting resources and achievement toward school completion.
• Subsidized employment, work study and internships centered around your career.
• Development of a resume and a job search portfolio to facilitate long-term employment.
• Referrals to additional supportive services, on or off campus as needed.
• Advocacy and education regarding Rights and Responsibilities issues.