CalWORKs wants to support you! We will work with you one on one to help you meet your career/employment goals and maintain a balanced lifestyle. We recognize that you have many priorities in your life. Let us help facilitate the resources necessary to achieve your goals.
The services provided by CalWORKs include:
- Guidance in applying to the college, financial aid, and registration for classes.
- Academic and career counseling to determine educational pathways.
- Coordination with Social Services for educational supplies and supportive services targeted toward your educational/career goals.
- Assist students to ensure compliance of your Welfare-to-Work (WTW) or Self-Initiated (SIP) plan through a career oriented Educational Plan.
- One-on-one case management services available online or in-person to assist in problem solving school/life issues.
- Help with the Cuesta Scholarship application and resources to PAY for school.
- Advocacy supporting resources and achievement toward school completion.
- Subsidized employment, work study and internships centered around your career.
- Development of a resume and a job search portfolio to facilitate long-term employment.
- Referrals to additional supportive services, on or off campus as needed.
- Advocacy and education regarding Rights and Responsibilities issues.