Make a 45-minute Appointment with a Counselor
Counselors are ready to meet with you online via Zoom, by phone or in person.
**Due to the high volume of counseling appointments, we encourage you to utilize drop in or walk-in if appointments are not available**
NEW STUDENTS - CLICK HERE to register to attend out FAST TRACK Registration Event!! Admissions/Counseling/Financial Aid Assistance will be available at this event.
CHECK BOTH IN-PERSON AND REMOTE LINKS TO SEE ALL APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY
Limited in-person appointments available on the San Luis Obispo and North County Campus
**Your Cuesta student email must be activated to receive ZOOM meeting link**
To check-in for your appointment on the San Luis Obispo Campus:
Enter the 3100 building for Student Services and Check-in at Counseling window
Map of the San Luis Obispo Campus
To check-in for your appointment on the North County Campus:
Enter the N1100 building (campus center building), go to the 2nd floor
Map of the North County Campus
Both campuses require a parking permit to be displayed.
If you don't have a semester pass, you can purchase a daily pass for $4 at a kiosk.
Student responsibility for in-person appointments:
For the health and safety of others, please note that a properly worn face covering will be required for the duration of your counseling appointment.
We also ask you to conduct the following “Daily 3 Step Check” prior to checking in for your in-person appointment:
In the last 48 hours, have you had any of the following NEW symptoms?
- Fever (over 100.4 F) without fever reducing medications or feeling feverish (chills, sweating)
- New cough (for those with allergies/asthma, a change in cough from baseline)
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- New onset of severe headache, especially with fever
- Have you been within 6 feet of a person with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, or had direct contact with their mucus or saliva, in the past 14 days?
- Has a public health official advised you to get tested for COVID-19?
If you answered yes to any of the above, do not come in for your appointment and do not come to campus. Call 805-546-3138 to reschedule for a future date.
For Zoom Video Appointments - Select the Video Appointment button during the booking process. Once booked, your link to connect is sent to your Cuesta student email.
***Your Cuesta student email must be activated to receive ZOOM meeting link***
If you haven't yet activated your MyCuesta student email, you can click here to find instructions. Or call Student IT Support for assistance at 805-546-9824
If you haven't used Zoom, please see our step-by-step Zoom guide by clicking here.
Student expectations for a Zoom video appointment:
- Please be in a quiet, distraction free zone.
- Ensure your audio is working in Zoom - video is not required.
Please note the following disclosure for online video counseling appointments:
At Cuesta College, we take your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information very seriously. Unfortunately, due to the public nature of the Internet, it is impossible for us to guarantee complete privacy during your online counseling sessions. Please use discretion and common sense when providing personal information online.
To fully benefit from an online counseling appointment, I agree to:
1. have a counselor access and discuss my academic records
2. interact with the counselor in a productive, positive, and professional manner
3. provide information that is current and truthful about myself, my academic records, and my educational goals
4. conduct the conversation in a private setting (without others viewing or listening) with good lighting and no distracting noises
5. not record the session without permission of the counselor
Telephone appointments - Select the Telephone Appointment button during the booking process.
***Please ensure the number listed is the correct number for the counselor to call. The counselor will call you at your scheduled appointment time.***
Student expectation for telephone appointments:
- If you have access to a computer during your appointment, that is ideal.
- Please be in a quiet, distraction free area.
- Have something to take notes.
Academic counseling appointments are ideal for:
- Student Education Planning (SEP)
- Graduation evaluation
- Career planning and exploration
- Academic probation and/or dismissal concerns
- Transfer planning/University Application Review
Required items to prepare for your counseling appointment:
- Send official transcripts from other colleges - make sure transcripts are received by Cuesta before booking an appointment for proper evaluation process.
- Send AP scores (only needed if test scores are 3, 4 or 5)
- Complete your online orientation - located in your MyCuesta portal
NEW walk-in hours!
SLO CAMPUS - Bldg. 3100
Monday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Tuesday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Wednesday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Thursday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Friday 10:30AM - 12:15PM
*WALK IN HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
NC CAMPUS - Bldg. N1100 (2nd Floor)
Monday 12:00PM - 2:15PM
Tuesday 12:00PM - 2:15PM
Wednesday 9:45AM - 12:00PM
Thursday 9:45AM - 12:00PM
*WALK IN HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*