- Get Experience. Find an internship or volunteer- it will give you the opportunity to talk with professionals, learn more about a career and develop future job leads.
- Network. Talk with anyone and everyone about your career/major choice, including instructors, counselors, friends, family and professionals working in your area of interest.
- Continue taking classes in your major and re-evaluate your choice as needed.
Life is like riding a bicycle. to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
What else can you do while you are in college to prepare for your upcoming career?
Use http://career.uark.edu/majors/ and look at the STRATEGIES for your major. Some strategies include:
- Seeking leadership roles on campus
- Developing computer skills
- Developing communication skills, verbal and/or written
- Learning a foreign language
- Maintaining a high grade point average (especially if a Master’s Degree or PhD is required)
- Maintaining a portfolio
- Learning to work well with all types of people
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.