Step 2: Research
- To find out what careers a major can lead to use the website http://career.uark.edu/majors/
- Look in the catalog of any University or College of interest and check out the classes for any major you are considering. Campus websites can also offer information about their majors.
- Check out www.myplan.com on the “Majors” Tab to view a database of majors, related careers and a list of the most popular majors.
- Take an intro class in the major you are considering.
- Use websites from the "Step 1: Self-Assessment" page (Career Cruising & Career Zone) to research occupations.
- Have an informational interview with someone who works in a job/career of interest.
- Check out CareerInfo.net for in-depth information on occupations.
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- M. Ghandi