Uncertain about which major or career path is right for you?
- Use https://www.eureka.org/ to take personality, interest & values assessments, and research careers. Get the code for free access at the Transfer Center.
- Check out www.cacareercafe.com - This interactive website has videos and activities which walk you through the exploration process.
- Use https://public.careercruising.com/en/- to help you find possible career matches based on your interests and skills. Get the code for free access at the Transfer Center.
- Come check out our Career Lab on Fridays this Spring 2018!
Know what you are interested in studying but aren’t sure which careers a major can lead you towards?
What can I do with my major? - This link brings you to a website where you will find different majors, what type of job you could get with this degree as well as how much you might earn.
Learn more about your major and related career titles by going onto this website which features the major, related major skills, and professional association links.
How much money will you need to make to support your future lifestyle?
- Find out how much salary you will need to make and which careers will provide you that amount of income at https://www.cacareerzone.org/. You can also assess your personality, interests and skills, and explore job families.
Interview and observe someone who works in a career you are interested in!
- If you don’t know someone you can interview, visit http://www.howtobecome.com/ for advice from people who work in various careers to get perspective on what a typical day is like, favorite & least favorite aspects of the job, tips they might have for you, etc…
Planning to transfer to a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC)?
- If so, research campuses that offer your major at http://www.assist.org/ and learn requirements needed for transfer into that major.