DSPS Accommodated Testing Center
The Testing Center is only for students approved for testing accommodations by their DSPS specialist.
Due to Covid-19, DSPS is not currently proctoring tests on campus. Please contact DSPS if you have questions about this.
DSPS staff are available to answer questions or address concerns about accommodated testing:
- SLO Campus 546-3100 x.2485, Rm 3333
- North County Campus 591-6215, Rm N3121
Process for utilizing DSPS testing services
Campus test proctoring:
1. DSPS student will send instructor(s) a faculty notifcation letter via AIM:
- Notification letters are sent by accessing AIM here: https://sierra.accessiblelearning.com/Cuesta/
2. DSPS student will pick up a DSPS test authorization form from the DSPS testing services office.
- DSPS student will meet with their instructor (during the instructor's office hours preferably) to arrange date(s)/time(s) for the test/quiz to be proctored in DSPS:
- Instructor will sign the form, which indicates there is an agreement about when the test(s)/quiz(s) will be proctored in DSPS. One form may be used for multiple dates if there is a set test schedule for the class.
- DSPS testing services office needs advanced notification of any changes to this schedule. Changes require instructor approval unless it is specified otherwise (instructor has indicated TBD or up to student to schedule).
- DSPS testing office hours are (finals week hours vary):
SLO Campus M-Th 8:30am-5:00pm, F 8:30-3:00pm
North County Campus M-Th 8:00am-4:30pm, F 9:00am-1:00pm
- Tests/quizzes will be administered according to authorized supplemental testing materials initialed on the test form by the instructor and the accommodations authorized by DSPS.
3. The DSPS student will return the completed/signed form to the DSPS testing services office, and DSPS will schedule the student accordingly. Test forms should be submitted by the student at least three days in advance of each test.
4. Instructor will send the test/quiz to the DSPS testing office at least one day in advance of scheduled test date:
- Tests/quizzes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to the DSPS testing services office.
- Please contact the DSPS testing services office for alternate test delivery arrangements.
5. Completed tests/quizzes are collected the following ways:
- DSPS will return tests in a blue DSPS test envelope to the faculty mailbox on SLO campus by 5pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- All NCC tests will be delivered M-Th to faculty mailboxes.
- Instructor or department assistant may pick up tests/quizzes from the SLO DSPS testing services office.
- Other arrangements can be made by contacting the DSPS testing office.
6. The DSPS testing areas have a multi-camera video surveillance system. This system and the outlined procedures are in place to ensure a high level of confidentiality and security for students taking tests in the DSPS testing office.
Distance learning testing accommodations:
1. For courses conducted entirely online:
- The student will send the course instructor a faculty notification letter via AIM https://sierra.accessiblelearning.com/Cuesta/ The testing accommodation (extension of time allowed) is outlined in this letter and serves as authorization for the instructor to increase the test/quiz time.
- A DSPS test form is not used for a test/quiz conducted online.
- If the instructor needs assistance setting up the testing accommodation, please contact the DSPS testing services office.
2. For hybrid courses (testing proctored on campus by DSPS):
- The same procedure for DSPS campus test proctoring applies.
- If the student cannot come to campus to get a test form, arrangements can be made
via e-mail. Please send messages regarding DSPS proctored testing to firstname.lastname@example.org